PDA

View Full Version : any warranty problems in Australia

oztuono
03-24-2005, 06:31 AM
have you guys had any service or warranty issues in Oz or Melbourne?
I unfortunately have!

RinOz
03-24-2005, 03:27 PM
what's up ?

oztuono
03-25-2005, 01:09 AM
1st service, the bike was damaged and the tune up wasnt the best,
then I had abender in Oct, pasrts came xmas eve and were defective, and spray paint was shit, had to wait another 3 months for parts to come in that were not stuffed, and to get it sprayed again.
I only just got my bike back.

prillakilla
03-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Fortunately I live not far from the world`s best Aprilia dealer. Every thing is always right & tight. My only bitch is the cost of parts, but shit happens. Who did your work? Hope it all works out for you in the end. Ciao, Ross.

FORZA
03-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Sounds more like accident repair problems than warranty?????

oztuono
03-29-2005, 04:42 AM
do you think that its acceptable to wait 60-90 days or more for quality parts which are defect free to come into the country?, whilst Jap bike owners get all of their parts into oz within two weeks?
Im not trying to sound out of line here but sure we own a premium product here, so why should we accept this just becuase its Itallian made.

dr.rsvr
03-29-2005, 05:51 AM
i'm from south africa, and the aprilia situation here is abysmal....almost impossible to get parts, unless you buy it off the net.....
dealer network is almost nonexistent......
i knew this before i bought the bike....which makes me an idiot, but that bike is just so pretty!!!!!!!!

FORZA
03-30-2005, 08:04 PM
To the good Dr.

I recently spoke with a guy named Louie who works for the new distributor in Sth. Africa, he does the tech. and spares back-up. He seems to understand the situation and is keen to rectify it which is a positive step for you at least.

Dave.

Felix Da Cat
04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Forza, did you go to Italy for training as well? Is that where you met Louis? He mentioned that he delt with some guys in Oz when he needed assistance, which I think is great (okay, except when we play cricket or rugby against the Roo catchers, then it's no more Mr Nice Guy :D ).

Unfortunately Louis and Wayne, the guys running Aprilia SA (the new Aprilia agency in South Africa) inherited a rat's nest from the old importers and it will take a while for them to get all the loose ends squared up.

It is quite a task and I hope they get it taken care of otherwise Aprilia as a marque will lose out in the market place,which it already has.

I have faith in them and if the end users offer them support, perhaps we will get the support from them we deserve, so it's all good.

Cheers mate

FORZA
04-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeh, that was where I met him. Not his boss though, he was off with the sales & marketing people most of the time. Louis seems a nice guy and I'm always happy to help, gotta have some good karma happening.

Dave.

Felix Da Cat
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Good on ya mate

OZSLR
04-07-2005, 08:14 PM
had to wait another 3 months for parts to come in that were not stuffed, and to get it sprayed again.
I only just got my bike back.

Waiting for parts is a common complaint that I hear.......Unfortunately.

Lost_Viking
05-17-2006, 12:03 AM
have you guys had any service or warranty issues in Oz or Melbourne?
I unfortunately have!

Can you say who it was? My Falco is coming due for a service, and I don't want to take it to a bunch of ham-fisted monkies.

OZSLR
05-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Can you say who it was? My Falco is coming due for a service, and I don't want to take it to a bunch of ham-fisted monkies.

PM me, and I'll see what I can sort out.

Lost_Viking
05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
PM sent....

Thanks, Ozslr.

blackduck
05-18-2006, 05:55 AM
if its parts( fairings etc) just make your own stuff, I do.

guernseybozrah
06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Don't think you people down south are any different to us up here in the North. It would appear that no matter what you need for your steed, Aprilia have not got it together yet. As this is my first Aprilia (Caponord) I have yet to experience the problems over a long period of time but my guess is It'll not be any different when I do. Unfortunately Aprilia here in the good old UK has just moved premises so nobody knows where my accessories are which I ordered from new. They were ordered at the end of April in plenty of time for its 1st Service which the dealer has penciled in for the 3rd week of June, hmm, will they get here in time, your guess is as good as mine.

OZSLR
06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Tuonoape, are you refering to a Melbourne dealer ?

TUONOAPE
06-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Tuonoape, are you refering to a Melbourne dealer ?
no, different state, I don't blame the guys working there, it's management -or the lack of, that's responsible for these problems. I'm only guessing, but decent conditions might go a long way? I'm not into damaging anyones business, that only hurts the people who work there for a living, so I wont name names.