PDA

View Full Version : Power Valve or Rave Motor Problem

Hankster
02-06-2005, 02:19 PM
After relocating the power valve motor, stripping the dash display of both LCD's, and eliminating all the wiring to the display with the exception of one power lead, one ground and the tach lead, I now cannot set the power valves with the gray lead. The valve simply will not respond. The tach works fine.

A static check of the power valve motor with an ohm meter indicates it is fine according to the manual.

Now, the eliminated wire leads to the display were cut at a point in the harness downstream of any connections to the power valve motor or the throttle sensor. Only straight sections of lead to the display were removed.

Has anyone attempted to set their power valves using the gray lead while the dash display was disconnected? Is the power valve motor and gray wire operation dependent upon any signal from the dash?

I have studied the wiring diagram for the Cup bike and cannot see why the power valve motor will not function. I cannot start the bike yet since it is in the process of a winter rebuild. I wanted to set the power valves before installing the cooling system.

I thought that maybe it was the 23D10 ECU I installed. However, after changing back to the 23D70 stocker, I still had no signal.

Can someone help me on this one? Thanks.

Hankster

Kieran
02-06-2005, 06:10 PM
I wired my PV's to wide open, plugged everything in, took it to redline, killed it on the ignition and marked the position of the PV servo. I then adjusted the wires to set the PV's wide open at that point. Better than setting using the grey wire I found

Hankster
02-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea to insure full opening above 10,500 revs. However, I still do not understand why my gray wire gives no response. Guess I'll reconnect all the wires I eliminated and see if I get a normal response. Thanks Kieran.

By the way, will the servo motor operate in the upside down position?

Kieran
02-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Should do. Mines on its side under the front subframe

ytak
02-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Hankster....The racing season starts soon. You better get going!

keean
02-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Do the powervalves open at all, or is it just the calibration that doesn't work?

Hankster
02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
After four days of trouble shooting, I found the problem. The main circuit to the display was working fine. Since I set up my ignition to operate from one main switch only, I assumed the power valves would power up as they normally do. The motor switch was removed last year and those wires were soldered together so that I could use the main switch only. However, I discovered the motor switch wires had been cut and taped over. Therefore, no power to the servo or motor. How did this happen? I have no idea.

Anyway, it is fixed. Thanks everyone. And a special thanks to John Wuytak who would not allow me to change the entire harness.