PDA

View Full Version : New RS50 rider

kneedragginchick
04-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Hello all,
I just got a used 2001 RS50 2 days ago. I have been looking at them for some time now but finally found the right deal at the right time. I currently have a Honda F4I. I have done some track days with it and want to get into racing. I thought that mini road racing would be a good place to get my racing fix. I am about 115 lbs so getting the RS50 around a track with my weight will be my advantage.
The funny thing about when I went to look at my bike was the guys that were watching me test ride it. It was at a shop that was having a test riding day of many Aprilias, I rode the Falco (cool bike). I saw thay had a used RS50 so I asked if I could take it for a spin. My b/f was standing there as they were starting it and the guy next to him said," If you want to be a good b/f then you will buy her the bike" He said," she is going to buy it for herself, and she has her own F4I already. She is getting this one to race." He felt stupid.
Well, I have only had the bike out a few times but its a blast. It had some after market parts and it is now a RS68. :-) I can hear that motor still. LOL
Anyone have a shop manual for it or know where to get one? Thanks and I hope to check this sit out often.
PS anyone in the Los Angeles area?
8o

Bradog
04-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Very smart move, if you ask me; starting off racing on a smaller bike. I enjoy riding faster, larger cc bikes as well, but the fun level in racing mini's is just as high, while the mortality rate is higher. I personally think it makes you a much better rider if you learn how to push a bike that isn't neccesarily made to handle as well. Not to rag the RS, I freakin love that thing, but its not as dialed in as modern 600. The guys at AF1 are trying to change that (and aren't far from it). Anyway, good luck.

micah apriliaforum com
04-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the Aprilia world. You are going to love the RS68 on the track....they handle way better then they should. You have found the right place for RS50 tech help. We have a few manuals here so if you need one just give us a call.

steveo
04-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Welcome!

What color is yours? What other mods have you done? Any pics?

If you register on the forum, you can list all your mods in your signature...

-Steve :cool:

kneedragginchick
04-25-2003, 01:04 PM
I have a pic but I can't seem to attach it. How do I do that? Anyone?
My bike has the silver tank, black plastics with a red lower. Black tail section. Red front fender. Carbon fiber Arrow pipe.
I need to replace the side body decals. Anyone know of a good place to get some?

RS50Jeff
04-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Cool!
If you want to race with some other little Aprilias, come out to a CMRRA race. Next weekend we will be in Apple Valley. We usually race at Willow Springs. They will let you keep the bike pretty stock for a few races before they start getting strict about the inspection. Just make sure you get good gear if you don't already. I and a few people are running the 68cc kit. It rocks. It would be pretty slick if another 'priller shoewd up- we are definately in the minority. Check out the site. racecmrra.com
Hope to see you there.
Jeff (#192) in Palmdale

kneedragginchick
04-27-2003, 06:20 PM
I plan on racing it. I also have a 68 kit on it. The person that had it before me did all the work on it. I have only had it a week and not had much time to do anything to it. I have been taking it around my neighborhood getting the feel for it. It's so much fun.
I have all the gear needed to race. Leathers, back protector and so on.
I wont be at the race this weekend, I am going to Sears Point. I will look up cmrra and see what I need to do to join in on the fun.
Do they have practice sessions any where?
Thanks

125Charliefumirs
04-28-2003, 03:28 PM
I dont suppose you could put urselft next to the bike when the picture is taken, yer i should get a life lol. The idea of girls and bike makes me smile. I am delighted that you have got urself an rs50 and are tuning it for racing. gud luk in racing, imagine how the blokes you beet are going to feel like:lol: micah dont shatter ur ego and keep urself and ur rsw68 away from this fast hunny:p :lol:

sdsurferone
04-28-2003, 03:54 PM
There is a club of women too doing racing at www.ccraceher.com, so you might enquire with them.

For the rest I had an rs50 too and might get one this summer... crashed mine while transporting it on a joe hauler attachment which sux majorly...

rs50jeff
04-29-2003, 03:04 PM
To answer your last about practice, every race weekend is a Sat practice, Sun race setup. I think that Willow Springs cart track has open practice during the week (if no carts are there).

Jeff

kneedragginchick
04-29-2003, 05:23 PM
I have a pic with me and my bike, but I cant seem to load it on here to show anyone. If you are just wondering about who your talking to, go to www.socalrpm.com it's a sight I help work with. I am under "chicks" "Lisa"

Thanks for the practice info and the Girls info. :D