PDA

View Full Version : Gas and oil?????

kneedragginchick
04-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Ok, I just got my bike and need a little info. I have the owners manual being sent to me so I can't really look anything up to answer my basic questions.
#1. What is the average milage you get from a tank of gas? Do you put anything special, gas wise? For riding around town and racing.
#2 Oil. What kind of oil do you use?I have a waverunner and was wondering if it's the same kind of oil.
HELP!
LOL,
Lost with out my manual. I only know 4 strokes!

steveo
04-28-2003, 07:05 PM
You said you have the 68cc malossi kit, right? Well, what I do is run Motul injector oil thru the injector pump, as well as 1.5 ounces of Motul premix only oil per gallon of 93 octane pump fuel. Only use the best oils you can get.

Before I ride every time, I shake the bike a bit to ensure the oil is mixed good in the tank. I don't know what mpg I am getting, but it is pretty high. Below are the mods (so far) to my bike.

-Steve :cool:

kneedraginchick
04-29-2003, 09:06 AM
I ran out of gas last night. Seems that it looked like I had more gas than there was. LOL Thanks for in the info. If you have any other info that you think a new RS owner should know, let me know. LOL

steveo
04-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Had you switched it over to reserve? :D

armourbl
04-29-2003, 12:38 PM
With all the mods listed in my signature, I can get about 120 miles before I have to switch to reserve. The reserve is actually pretty big on these bikes, but I usually get gas as soon as I can after switching.

I think you can get at least 20 more miles on reserve if needed.

As long as you are mixing, I say just go straight premix and dump the oil injector pump and tank.

ben

QUADradial
04-29-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm getting 140 miles out of mine before reserve...

Malossi 68cc, jolly moto, 21mm cab, 95 jet..blah blah blah...

JoshkDry
04-29-2003, 04:09 PM
is it harmful to run a tank of gas throughout premixing?

JoshkDry
04-29-2003, 04:11 PM
i ment without putting the oil in the tank.

jojy
04-29-2003, 04:57 PM
it depends on whether you are still running the oil pump. if your not then its a VERY BAD idea to run through a whole tank of gas without any oil.

is this what you wanted to know or have i completely misunderstood your question and told you something totally obvious?? lol:rollin:

JoshkDry
04-29-2003, 05:10 PM
well Steveo said he runs 1.5oz of motul for every gallon and he still has the oil pump running right?

and obviously it would be horrible to run a bike without any oil

kneedragginchick
04-29-2003, 05:20 PM
My bike died on me, I thought there was something wrong, switched to reserve, and then it started. I made it to a gas station.
:rolleyes:
8o
Seems people can get a lot of miles out of a tank. I have the oil pump still. So I should be filling up with gas a lot more than I am adding oil, correct?
Someone told me that I could use any "two-cycle" oil. He was talking about using Havoline two-cycle engine oil. TC-W3. I was a bit lost when he was talking about that. Anyone have any insight on that? I want to make sure I dont "F" my bike up.
Thanks Everyone.
:)

steveo
04-29-2003, 05:58 PM
When you upgrade the cylinder/piston and increase RPMs, you need to give it more lube. Your oil pump cannot keep up with the extra power, so you need to add a little oil to the fuel (PREMIX) along with the pump. If you don't want to do that, you can take the pump off and run only premix. That way would save a couple pounds from the bike...

Hope that cleared it up

-Steve :cool:

kneedragginchick
04-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Thank you!!!!!!