PDA

View Full Version : Gear Box

Henderson
05-06-2003, 03:38 PM
I have a question kind of a crazy one too... what would it take to change the internal gear in th gear box? add a tooth here drop on there? anyone know anything about the kundo gear box? like does it kill top end and just give low end and could you balance that out with taller final gearing or would there be a point.... trying to increase topend but get it there faster as well

josho44
05-06-2003, 04:02 PM
mototek aprilia sells the kundo race gearbox. call them for more info on it. let us know what they say.

micah apriliaforum com
05-06-2003, 06:00 PM
I have an even higher end transmission here, the Metrakit Pro Race kit. It is friggin awesome with a way taller 1st gear and very close ratios in the next gears. I have a Kundo gearbox here right now that I am playing with......very cool also. They are strange to ride at first with first gear being so tall, it is kinda like starting in 2nd or third on a regular trannmission. The rest of the ratios are very close and good for a tuned motor with a narrow powerband.

Henderson
05-06-2003, 10:46 PM
so the metrakit has the first so high you dont have much power at all? like you almost have to push yourself to get going? sound to my like it is only really good for track use not on stop and go traffic

micah apriliaforum com
05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Neither the Kundo or the Metrakit are any good for street use. Both have a very tall first gear!