PDA

View Full Version : Micah will new carb help

98shaikh
05-08-2003, 10:32 AM
although you think my cylinder may be restricted, if i get i new carb like a 20m or a 21mm dellorto will this make a big difference in performance. also how much would a 20 or 21mm carb cost.

Fishter1
05-08-2003, 12:04 PM
ive had all my parts fitted and its all been fine for a while now, done about 700km but just recently my idle has gone very wierd and when i let off it stays at about 5000rpm until i release the clutch , then it drops to its normal level of about 2-3000. ive also experienced trouble starting over the last week or two when its been left for a while- about 5 mins or more. I currently run pre-mix and the normal injector. All i can think of is that once i poured a little too much oil into the tank, but nothing major, and surely this would only affect the starting. i have filled up since then so it should be backto normal anyway.

Thanks or any help but it is wuite hard to describe. Would my idle need re-seting now that everything has been run in, and wud my choke have anything to do with it

sooty103
05-08-2003, 12:26 PM
mine wouldn't start so i got an iradium(NGK) plug and it starts with a flick of the starter button now.

Sooty103

Fishter1
05-08-2003, 02:46 PM
could i have mucked up my plug by using too much oil? Would a new plug help? i may even be jetted incorrectly i suppose. What could anyone reccomend for the setup listed below. i am currently using an 80 main jet i think, whateva came standard with the carb.
PS. i am in the uk,

The idle problem, i am not 100% sure but i think it only happens when i pull in the clutch, it moves up to about 5k rpm