PDA

View Full Version : Factory rider at big Willows this weekend?

amauri
11-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I was at Willows Springs yesterday for the first time on my new Factory, I previously ran my Tuono several times this year.
There were several Milles there, one in perticular was a black Factory with race bodywork, the rider wears a red helmet and black suit. Are you on this forum?

I'd like to know where you got the bodywork, we spoke briefly and you said it is from Sebimoto, looked like it was a nice fit, nicer then some Sharskins I've seen.

By the way, you where movin out there. I was turnning laps in the 1:32 range and couldn't catch you.

clarkie49
11-02-2004, 03:35 PM
was there a number on the bike?

amauri
11-02-2004, 03:41 PM
No number, just all black bodywork.

apexxn
11-05-2004, 01:46 PM
That would be me.

Yea great day I had a blast.

Sebimoto bodywork and I got it from Yoyodyne tell Fred I sent you he's a good guy.

It fit pretty good as all the mounting points hit the mark, but I have about 6 hours in fitment. I'm kinda anal about that stuff and wanted it to look right so I dremeled and sanded and really took my time to make all the parts fit together properly and not rub the frame etc.

Michael

Waxerdog
11-05-2004, 06:45 PM
There was a whole crew from some place called "Apex" on Monday. There were 3 '04s I think, 2 R and 1 Factory. Not sure if it was them with the Aprilias or not.

I didn't get to go by and see what's up but I did get one pic of one of the Aprilias and a Augusta. :happy:

Maybe that was Michael above.

http://www.waxer.com/gst/crew.jpg

amauri
11-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Waxerdog
There was a whole crew from some place called "Apex" on Monday. There were 3 '04s I think, 2 R and 1 Factory. Not sure if it was them with the Aprilias or not.

I didn't get to go by and see what's up but I did get one pic of one of the Aprilias and a Augusta. :happy:

Maybe that was Michael above.

That was our pit but we have nothing to do with Apex, they were next to us.

That's a new MV 1000 that belongs to my buddy Steve, he's so cool that he even let me ride it.

The Red/Silver RSV-R belongs to my buddy Don, I sold him my Factory's blue wheels.
My black Factory with White OZs is behind Donís.

Apexxn,
The only guy out there that could keep up with you was my other buddy Will, he was alternating between a GXR and an 02 Mille-R.

Of course I'm not counting the "Checkz" Vincent Haskavic, officially he wasn't there though.
Must of been someone else wearing his leathers, yeah thatís it.
He was nice enough to wave with his left as he dragged a knee blowing by me exiting four going downhill to five. Iíve seen him turn 1:19s out there.

apexxn
11-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Thats where Amauri was pitted if I remember right.

Looks like a quality camera you have, maybe you can get a shot of my bike next time for me.

Michael

apexxn
11-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Yea your buddy came over after to shake hands, he was right behind me and I couldn't shake him.

I need to work on a few suspension settings and push a bit more and see if I can get into the 29's.

Let me know the next time your going out.

Michael