PDA

View Full Version : Nothing wrong with the front brakes!!!

grumpyduck
11-02-2004, 11:18 AM
:gunner: :bond:

I recieved a N.I.P. (Notice of intended prosecution)for 50 mph in posted 40 mph limit just a few hundred yards after a 70 mph limit ended!!

I blew past the mobile camera lucky it wasn't in the faster section as I had only just slowed from 150MPH!!

The front brakes work fine... do you think the policeman saw the tarmac bunching up infront of the front tyre???

C0bRSV
11-02-2004, 02:16 PM
I agree- the brakes on the R are just as "useable" as the those on the Factory. I rode both bikes back to back (on the street) and found that even during hard braking it is nearly impossible to discern a difference!

Aprilia94
11-06-2004, 12:57 AM
It's not nearly impossible...it is impossible.

ChicagoFactory
11-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Aprilia94

I don't know about that. I know Aprilia94 is a racer and I'm not even close to one, but when I drove both before I bought, I could tell a difference in the brakes even on the street. The radials had MUCH better feel and it took less effort IMO.

20Hz
11-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Aprilia94

whatever:rolleyes: . I've ridden both and could very easily tell a huge difference. The radials on the factory have more initial bite, way more power and a totally different feel. At least on the Factory/RSVRs that I rode. No comparison really.:confused: :confused:

scott2ride
11-16-2004, 05:10 AM
It's not really a fair comparison, because the Factory has the Ohlins suspension. And having good suspension GREATLY EFFECTS the way your brakes, feel, bite and stop.

Wait until the new 05 RSV is out with radial brakes, then compare it to the 04 bike and seeif yopu can tell.;)