PDA

View Full Version : Engine not revving

greysky
11-01-2004, 03:34 AM
I've just upspeced from a 2004 RSVR to a Factory. 2 weeks ago after stopping for fuel and a chat I started the bike no problem but the engine wouldn't rev over 3000rpm wihtout coughing and spluttering. Turned off and started again, no problem, revving freely. Seemed OK for a while but just lately every time I start the bike it happens again. I shut down, restart and everything is fine but it's happening all the time. I've notified the dealer who hasn't come across this problem but is doing some research - big deal! Has any one out there experienced this and if so what was the problem and how rectified.

Factory
11-01-2004, 03:51 AM
you might want to raise the tank and check if everything is in order with the hoses and sensors that go into the airbox...worth a try at least....

Otto Parts
11-01-2004, 10:57 AM
didn't someone have this problem ages ago, where if i remember correctly, the computer thinks there is a problem with the oil or fuel pump or something and so goes into "survival mode" and wont rev more than 2 or 3k rpm. i think the problem was solved by getting the sensors replaced.

Fast 38
11-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I have seen this problem, and it was the oil pressure switch had gone bad.
Get the dealer to check for fault codes, or just replace the oil pres switch.

Frank

john in sweden
11-01-2004, 08:11 PM
I got the same prob,, i did the diagnostic search by myself in the code says problem with the oil pres switch.

turn off your bike and press the laptimer/lightbuttom in atleast 15 sec after u turn the ign,on again then u can see the code,,.

Originally posted by Fast 38
I have seen this problem, and it was the oil pressure switch had gone bad.
Get the dealer to check for fault codes, or just replace the oil pres switch.

Frank

Italibikefreak
11-02-2004, 04:45 AM
I took my bike to Seacoast for the same exact problem and it was the oil pressure sensor. So take it to the dealer right away.:rambo:

C0bRSV
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
The manual says exactly what the problem is- oil pressure switch.

greysky
11-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the input. Bike's at the dealer who insist on doing their own diognosis even though I've forwarded all the links and advice here, so we'll see what they come up with. Waiting........

RZRob
11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Geez aren't forums great! You guys have solved all my problems - well at least the bike-related ones. You helped me get insurance at half the price I was paying, you helped me figure out that my brake and clutch problems weren't totally from an assembly defect, and you've helped me figure out what cool stuff I can buy for my bike and where to get it.

And now I know when my bike starts doing this no-rev thing, where to start looking.

Thanks everyone!

RZ Rob

john in sweden
11-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Ironic ? :devilbat:

Originally posted by RZRob
Geez aren't forums great! You guys have solved all my problems - well at least the bike-related ones. You helped me get insurance at half the price I was paying, you helped me figure out that my brake and clutch problems weren't totally from an assembly defect, and you've helped me figure out what cool stuff I can buy for my bike and where to get it.

And now I know when my bike starts doing this no-rev thing, where to start looking.

Thanks everyone!

RZ Rob

greysky
11-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the input on the revving problem. Indeed the oil pressure switch was faulty and has been replaced with the one from my old bike. Waiting for a new one. Now if only they could sort out the next to useless clutch ( I wonder what neutral feels like?!) and the fading rear brake, my riding experience will be near perfect...........
bangwall

MikeRSVR
11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Add one more to the oil pressure sensor list. I'm dropping the bike off at the dealer tomorrow. Diagnostics say error code 47, Oil pressure sensor fault.:mad: