PDA

View Full Version : which are the best frame sliders??

jam007
10-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Which frame sliders for an 04 factory??

NJRSVR
10-31-2004, 09:06 PM
I heard the woodcraft ones are the best. They come highly recommended.

clarkie49
10-31-2004, 09:27 PM
just be aware that you will have to trim the actual side panel as well as the inner panel as the sliders are designed as a race slider and race bodywork can be hacked up, street OEM bodywork takes a little more precision

you can sort of see in these photos

http://seacoastsport.com/accessories1.htm

jam007
10-31-2004, 09:45 PM
I am not crazy about cutting up the bodywork. Is there anyway to get around it.

jam007
10-31-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey NJRSVR, by any chance do you do any track days down in FL? I am heading down this week to Moroso, do you know anything about the track?

clarkie49
10-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jam007
I am not crazy about cutting up the bodywork. Is there anyway to get around it.

if you want something that you wont have to cut get the R&G sliders, hopefully you get a good set that the head of the bolts that hold the sliders (and the engine) together wont fall off :D

chong-chong
11-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
if you want something that you wont have to cut get the R&G sliders, hopefully you get a good set that the head of the bolts that hold the sliders (and the engine) together wont fall off :D

Happened to me recently. Looked down and noticed my right hand slider was at an odd angle. I reached down and grabbed it and it came right off the bike. Nothing was holding it on but the groove in the middle of the slider hanging on the fairing. The long hex bolt that runs through the slider sheared at the base! I'm glad it didn't falll off when riding. I thought R&G fixed this problem after they discovered they had a bad batch of bolts. I guess not...

I'm beginning to think that the R&G sliders are just a bad design.

thrillaprilla
11-01-2004, 03:01 PM
The R&Gs' are easier on bodywork but... the bolts are quite long and providing they haven't fallen off, will certainally bend over when you fall and at that point won't do a whole hell of alot to protect your bodywork anyway.
I've bent three, and you have to drill the head off the bolt to get them off or the bodywork is locked on the bike, also something to consider for routine service.
I think the next set I get (probably Woodcraft) I will just bore a large hole with some clearance and be done with it.

NJRSVR
11-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Jam007, I think they have a track day this sunday the 7th. It costs $155 I heard.

flipper
11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Just had my RHS R&G bracket bust open. I was just starting to tighten it, torque wrench set to the recommended 20ft/lbs, I doubt it even got as far as 10 when the mounting bracket just fell apart. Just as well it wasn't a fall. VERDICT.......useless piece of shit.....