PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Wheels (BST)

spikey
10-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Anyone here with CF Wheels? I would like to fit a set - but am after feedback before I put the $$$ down!
:confused:

At the sime time I would like to change the gearing - 16/44 or even 15/44 - does a 15 fit - and again - expiriences please!

cheers
H.

silversvs
10-30-2004, 11:00 AM
I'll beat Apexmolester to the punch....... 15/43 is the way to go :D

Luigi
10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
I think Ricky J just got some BST Carbon Fiber wheels. PM him for more info.

Exdukenut
10-30-2004, 11:51 PM
I have BST CF wheels on my Falco, and have had them for some 8mths now. I do also own a set of std wheels.

The CF wheels are works of art. They weigh bugger all. The heaviest thing is now the tyre.

There is a huge difference in fliackabilty. As to robustness. So far I'll say that they have lived up to expectations. I've used them both on a road and track. The roads have been less thatn smooth slabs and I certainly haven't noticed any chips etc.

I now mostly use them at the track nowdays, with some sticky rubber, and leave my road tyres on the std wheels, (Pilot Powers currently, but Diablos have been on in the past).

I picked mine up 500kms old from a former forum member here in Australia, for around 60% of what they cost new.

I had a problem early on with a stud comming out of where the hub gets bolted up to the CF rims. The old design had 6 bolts either side.

I spoke with BST and they said just send it back and a new one will be sent. Customer service from BST in Sth Africa was exceptional. Sure enough 2 weeks later the rear wheel was on my doorstep. The new wheels come with bolts (6 in total, instead of 12), the whole way through the hubs.

Now the wheels being secondhand, the could of just said go to hell, but the wheels were still within the first 12 months of purchase, so the guys, just said no worries.

I love my wheels, they work a treat too! ;)

:cool:

spikey
10-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Exdukenut
I love my wheels, they work a treat too! ;)

:cool:

thanks for the info - much appreciated

ken zeller
10-31-2004, 06:16 PM
we install several sets of bst wheels every month. i am a big believer in them after i replaced a set of 5-spoke mags on our 999. the mags made a small difference from stock but the bst's made a huge difference from even the mags.

since you are not far from us, come on over and take a look at a set - we even have an in-house promotion going that when you buy a set of bst's we include a set of mounted/balanced pirelli diablos free.

kendooley
10-31-2004, 07:49 PM
I've got them on my Falco as well. I'll second everything Exdukenut says.

ApexMolester
10-31-2004, 10:29 PM
what's your OTD $ w/tires mounted for an rsv. just did a set on the zx10 $3k otd w/o tires.

i'm at laguna tuesday/wed this week/month's end as well, and have my pvm mag rear wheel at EMA for new bearings. they broke after 1k+ miles, and i'm sure they screwed my dyno results as well.

not to happy with pvm right now......:mad:

was going to do new exhaust/pc3 on my fjr1300, but it plenty fast for now.