PDA

View Full Version : Help appreciated

ASHTON
10-28-2004, 06:05 AM
Iíve only had my RSV R for a few weeks and when removing my rear wheel for a tyre change I consulted my workshop manual for torque settings and noticed that the rear wheel exploded diagram shows the axle nut on the right hand side (brake disc side) exactly as on my bike.

But - all photographs and descriptions in the workshop and owners manual show the nut being undone/done up on the left side (sprocket side).

I am a little confused. Does it matter which side the axle goes in from and which side the nut is on?

I would really appreciate any advice before I put it back together and try my new rubber.:confused:

cman6453
10-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Mine was on the disc side and since yours is actually on the disc side, I'd go by that and but it back on the disc side. The photo's may be backwards in the manual. It wouldn't be a first for Aprilia to get some info wrong in their own manual.

Chris

ASHTON
10-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Thanks Chris.

I thought about the pics being printed backwards but the nut is shown on the sprocket side. You're probably right about puting it back the way it is though.

It would be nice to know how it's supposed to be.

cman6453
10-28-2004, 08:10 AM
As far as I know, it's SUPPOSED to be on the disc side. Of course, you folks across the pond drive on the WRONG side of the road so what do we know. :happy:

I, along w/ others, have removed and replaced the wheel with the nut on the disc side. No problems w/ me so far.

Kiwi
10-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Disc side:plus:

mossback
10-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Doesn't matter which side.

ASHTON
10-29-2004, 04:50 AM
New rubber on.
Nut on disc side.
Done.
Thanks everyone.