PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins Road and Track forks for R

Dr. Thrillride
10-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Anyone have a source for the Ohlins Road and Track forks for my R (with radial mounts)? Not the superbike forks, I'm too poor for those. Looked around on the web and phoned some 'superstores' but same old same old. We'll get back to you and they never do. I don't need them, 'yesterday', just need them from a reputable dealer at a decent cost. Cost in Canada through Hansen's is way too high - in fact, more than double the US$ advertised price of around $2200. The rear shock alone is $1600 CAN$ up here and AF1 has them for $879 US$.

twobanger
10-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Have you tried here (http://hardracing.com/Shocks%20&%20Steering%20Damp/OhlinsPricing.htm). You'll have to call or email for the aprilia forks though.

hakan_olsson
10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
I checked out the site.

Key Benefits :

-Fine Swedish quality

:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost

:D

CharlieP
10-27-2004, 12:54 PM
how about http://www.gpsuspension.com/

let them upgrade the stock forks. I am going to do that over the "winter" - ie rain in San Diego.

clarkie49
10-27-2004, 03:02 PM
you will also need new tripple clamps (your stock upper might work with a Factory lower) and you will need a longer axle, and new spacers etc etc etc

a Guzzi V11 axle will work but then you have Guzzi parts on your Aprilia :D

Dr. Thrillride
10-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49
you will also need new tripple clamps (your stock upper might work with a Factory lower) and you will need a longer axle, and new spacers etc etc etc

a Guzzi V11 axle will work but then you have Guzzi parts on your Aprilia :D

Thanks Clarkie. In retrospect, what a bad idea I had (you see it was late at night and I was reviewing my most recent lap times). Problem as I see it is that I've already revalved my forks, but with racetech valves and no real improvement as I see it. Yes, I know how you feel about racetech stuff, but I had these valves for my blackbird and it's the same 53 mm Showa USD forks for both, save the caliper mounts. So, not using the parts on hand was a waste of money and to be sure, I took one of the bloody forks off today and looked at the shim stack that my dealer installed, and what a joke. Not configured like it should be and they didn't drill out the hole in the washer. Also, looked at the racetech valve and the original aprilia valves, and they are the same design, only the aprilia part is plastic and the racetech part is aluminum, or some other light alloy. What gives with that? I can't see any other obvious differences. So to hell with it, I'm going to do what you originally suggested and send them to Traxxion Dynamics or Dave at GP Suspension, who I've at least met before and is closer to me. Not that I didn't trust you on the racetech parts, just hated to have to give the valves and springs away to someone on the blackbird site. Thanks to all for the replies.

edit: also talked to Ed at AF1 today and he tolld me the same thing. nuff said

clarkie49
10-27-2004, 10:34 PM
i thought Race Tech was awesome ( i helped developed their RS250 kit) until i used something better :)