PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Slips On

JUAN FRANCISCO
10-27-2004, 12:49 AM
THIS WEEKEND IM GOING TO INSTALL ARROW SLIPS ON AND EVOLUZIONE AIRKIT AND MY QUESTION IS I WILL HAVE ANY PROBLEM IN OR WITH THE ENGINE IF I CANT PUT MAP 2 UNTIL THE 20TH OF NOVEMBER. MY DEALER SAID TO ME YESTERDAY THAT I CAN DAMAGE THE ENGINE OR THE INJECTION PARAMETERS SO IF THERE ANYBODY WHO EXPLAIN ME THIS PLEASE REQUEST AS SOON AS POSIBLE. THANKS
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH BUT IM FROM SPAIN:bitchslap

FinFactory
10-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Juan,

I reckon your bike will run too lean without Map 2 being activated.
Maybe somebody can confirm this.

I remember there was some discussion on this forum some time ago about this same issue. Some guys had done several hundred km's with slip-ons and map1 without any issues.

I personally would get map 2 activated the same time you get your slip-ons + airkit installed. This would give me total peace of mind;-)

FinFactory

hakan_olsson
10-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Naturally, possible problems show up when running hard and at high power setings. Be gentle:D

mossback
10-27-2004, 03:17 PM
I ran mine for few weeks with MAP1 after I did the cans and airbox upfrade. It sounded good but ran a bit rough and stalling. I don't think you hurt, I have over 20,000 miles on my bike after that and have no issues.

RZRob
10-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Same as Mossback. I installed the Arrow slipons (with baffles out), and the Evoluzione airbox and ran for a couple months that way. Outside of a little backfiring and a stall every once in awhile it ran fine. It sounded SWEEEEET!!!!

I'm getting cold feet on the airbox though and plan to remove it for the second and final time. I'd prefer an absolutely sealed system.

You won't hurt anything running it until you remap. I wouldn't do a track day though until you do.

RZ Rob