PDA

View Full Version : why crappy resales values

topher3134
10-27-2004, 12:37 AM
why such shitty resale on the rsvr and factory bikes? I want one but the resale sucks and seems like dealers are trying to get rid of them like bad milk...Why?

SGt Harper:bond:

aprillia
10-27-2004, 03:42 AM
Why don't you buy one second hand then? Give us some examples and something to compare with.

Dr. Thrillride
10-27-2004, 03:47 AM
It's pretty tough to market a high end bike when the manufacturer has been through a 'financial trouble' in the past. If you really want one and are in for the long run, then now is the best time to buy. Count yourself lucky as your timing is 'perfect'.

clarkie49
10-27-2004, 07:59 AM
the dealers that are whoring out the bikes are cuasing the bikes to devalue so fast, then someone will come on this forum and tell the world what they paid for the bike.

remember resale goes off published prices, someone comes on the forum and tell you that they brought their Factory from a whore-dealer for $14,500 it means your bike you paid $18,000 for is now only worth $12,000 ;)

Aprilia94
10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
It's what happens when a Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer can say "oh yeah, we have some Aprilia's over here too". Salesmen don't try to sell them because it's easier to to sell something else, so they sit long enough and the sales manager or store manager needs to get rid of them because they are costing them floorplan $$. So they whore'em out. Those types of dealers usually don't know squat about the bikes either. Buy your new bike from a real Aprilia dealer where they know the bike and pay them what it's worth. The customer service you'll get down the road is worth the extra bucks in your payment.

jam007
10-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Topher....
Forget what the resale is now, go out and buy an 04 Factory while they are available at great prices.....The Factory competes with the Ducati 999s which sells for 21k. Same top performance parts.... although I am not sure if the DUC has radial brakes. Opportunities like this only come along once in a while, so go out and take advantage of it. You won't regret it.

cman6453
10-27-2004, 09:30 PM
04 999S = No radial brakes

05 999S = Radial brakes

JoeKher
10-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Whore dealers, lack of advertising(no demand) and to many units in country!

Aprilia has not learned it's lesson that to much product in country is a bad thing! I was hoping the '04's wouldn't suffer the same fate that the older mille's did but then they shipped more into the country and are sitting on alot of '04 inventory. '04 inventory in oct. = rebates/incentives.

It is really sad to see such great bikes get discounted by multi-line whore dealers.

If you want a really good deal Aprilia still has '03 R's brand new in the box!(That sucks & it hurts us as customers)

Ducati has also been whorein' bikes, but it doesn't seem as bad when it is an overpriced P.O.S. any way!

bilter
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
If I were a dealer I'd be a whore :D :D :D :D :D

QuikMike
10-28-2004, 09:57 AM
interestingly enough, I went by my local Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Aprilia dealer a few days ago and he told me they have no RSVRs or Factorys left! :( With the recent drop in prices, I am definitely interested...where can a poor chap like myself find a new '04 RSVR or Factory local to Raleigh, NC? I am willing to drive 2 hours or so....anyone?

jam007
10-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Quickmike,
go buy this bike right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/6/57778836.htm

lunchbox
10-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
the dealers that are whoring out the bikes are cuasing the bikes to devalue so fast, then someone will come on this forum and tell the world what they paid for the bike.

remember resale goes off published prices, someone comes on the forum and tell you that they brought their Factory from a whore-dealer for $14,500 it means your bike you paid $18,000 for is now only worth $12,000 ;)

I see what your saying but where I live (portland OR) these bikes just dont sell very well and what is a dealer going to do with a 2 year old "new" bike? They have the "whore them out" to get rid of the damn things. I bought my mille really cheep when i got it but you also dont hear me bitching about resale values either:)

clarkie49
10-28-2004, 11:49 AM
maybe the problem is that you have to "believe in the product" to be able to sell it properly ;)

I know the guys at Motocorsa quite well and they will all tell you that they like the Ducati brand better than the Aprilia brand, that will also show in the selling trends.

guy walks into a shop, "tell me about that Aprilia over there"

sales guy/gal " that is an ok bike but did you see the new 999/GSXR/ZX-10/R1.............." you get the idea.

when someone asks saleman what they ride and they say Ducati, the answer is usually then why should i buy an Aprilia if you prefer the Ducati?

We believe in the brand, therefore we sell a lot of Aprilia's :)

lunchbox
10-28-2004, 06:00 PM
maybe the problem is that you have to "believe in the product" to be able to sell it properly ;)

I know the guys at Motocorsa quite well and they will all tell you that they like the Ducati brand better than the Aprilia brand, that will also show in the selling trends.

guy walks into a shop, "tell me about that Aprilia over there"

sales guy/gal " that is an ok bike but did you see the new 999/GSXR/ZX-10/R1.............." you get the idea.

when someone asks saleman what they ride and they say Ducati, the answer is usually then why should i buy an Aprilia if you prefer the Ducati?

We believe in the brand, therefore we sell a lot of Aprilia's :)

Thats not true anymore! Look at their race bikes 3 out of 4 of them are milles and only one is a ducati (aruns bike, that should explain that one). I bought my bike because I always thought Aprilia was a cool brand and had way less maint. cost that a ducati. When i bought mine John-mark worked there and he talked up the aprilia brand more than anyone talked up ducati. He was the reason why I bought my bike, that and the super low price of buying a 01 bike at the end of the 02 modle year. What do you want me to do? spend more money than I have to? I cant afford $15000 for a retail priced Aprilia, Im not totally broke but I have to make my money go as far as I can.
Do you ever pay Sticker price for a car? I dont, the last car I bought new I paid less than the price of a year old used one on the same lot. If anyone goes in and pays full price for any motor vehicle they are out of their mind.

clarkie49
10-28-2004, 06:20 PM
things must have changes in 18 months, when i was there with the demo truck all the staff did was bitch about Aprilia and say how great Ducati was to deal with :)

lunchbox
10-28-2004, 06:35 PM
things must have changes in 18 months, when i was there with the demo truck all the staff did was bitch about Aprilia and say how great Ducati was to deal with :)

Na, they still bitch but so do I. Aprilia is kinda a bitch to deal with sometimes and parts are sometimes hard to come by but no one there bad mouths aprilia in the show room. I think theres just better support in north america for ducati than aprilia but I've always been the guy to put up with the pain in the ass company so i can own their awsome goods. I love my aprilia but sometimes it pisses me off, kinda like my girlfriend but i would never trade either of them for something else.
Was that you driving the truck when the guy dumped the 03 mille? god i saw that coming:D

Jiggla
10-28-2004, 06:56 PM

From my point of view. I love dealing with you & Jessie but, on the corporate side 877-Aprilia SUCKS. They are lucky no one has started a class action law suit against them for the clutch & rear brake. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike & the service you guys provide. Hopefully some good will come from the sale of Aprilia. They make a great product & should listen to their customers.

willpower101
02-12-2005, 09:30 PM
why such shitty resale on the rsvr and factory bikes? I want one but the resale sucks and seems like dealers are trying to get rid of them like bad milk...Why?

check prices in europe. you'll get your money there.

ckruzel
02-12-2005, 09:39 PM

not to flame, but i never bought a bike or a car for that matter for resale, if your looking for resale, look for a vincent black shadow or some earth moving equipment

i enjoy my bike then get another

blowout
02-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Interesting, have u checked out the resale on Jap bikes - if u want to see whoring and poor resale values look no further. How would u feel about trading your '02 Blade that u paid $18k for and being offered $9.9k for it to trade up to an '04 Blade from the same dealer 14 months later! And I won't even bother telling about mate's gixxer loss (or though less than the Honda insult). I traded my '03 Falco (Feb '03 purchase) for the RSVR (March '04) and lost $1200 (not $12k) on the deal. Yes, my local dealer looks after me and I look after them, IMO it does pay to be loyal and develop a relationship with your dealer.

grumpyduck
02-13-2005, 04:45 AM
check prices in europe. you'll get your money there.

ER..... No here in UK my '04 is now worth 2000 ($3700) less than I paid for it!! :bangwall:

Dont forget also new (prettier?) '05 model in shops now or soon if you are gonna buy one why by second hand.

http://www.clubaprilia.net

JoeKher
02-15-2005, 09:39 AM
My dealer loves the brand, can compare it head to head against the Ducati (which he refuses to sell) and sells a fair amount of Aprilia's. No advertising from Aprilia makes it hard to sell a bike few have heard of and most are worried about due to the financial instability(which gets plenty of press). Then he has to compete against the multi-line whore dealers.

Aprilia needs to take a long hard look at their dealer body. Keep the dealers who are strongly presenting the brand.

Plus, it is hard to compete with the alure of the Ducati brand image!

clarkie49
02-15-2005, 09:55 AM
My dealer

dude we all know you work for a dealer ;) you use the same screen name on the Aprilia Dealer's forum :D