PDA

View Full Version : rubber required

ASHTON
10-25-2004, 10:12 AM
I punctured my rear 1000 mile old Pilot Sport and need a replacement set of rubber asap. It's got to be something to see me through a cold & gritty UK winter. The Michelins seem to take forever to warm up so I am leaning towards Bridgestone 012ss front and rear (been happy with 014s on less sporty rides). Has anyone from colder parts of the world got any positive (or negative) feedback on the 012ss, or any strong recommendations otherwise.

vtrandall
10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
I just fitted some Metzeler M1 Sportecs to my bike. I have always like these tires. They seem to heat up pretty quickly and their profile is pretty rounded. It seems that they roll into the corners fairly smooth. Leaned over stability is ok but the Pilot Sports I had on previously were quite stable in the corners.
I have to admit that I am still undecided on the Sportecs on the Aprilia. I have yet to try Pirelli's.
Has anyone tried the Michelin Pilot Powers yet?

Ricky J
10-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Regular compound Pirelli Diablos are extremely capable high performance street tires that give confidence in the wet. They return good mileage and the rear wears very evenly which ensures longer lasting good handling.

kwagga
10-26-2004, 04:20 AM
Ashton,

I agree with anyone recommending Pirelli's. The diablo's are a brilliant choice for you requirements.

Kwagga
Sunny South Africa

scott2ride
10-27-2004, 05:06 AM
The new Mitchellin Pilot Powers rock.

Fast warm up, stable, very very grippy, yet last very well, and greatwet weather performance.

Definitely better than the standard Diablos I had on before.

kwagga
10-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Scott,
If I am not mistaken the 04 Mille comes standard with Super Corsa's, not Diablo's.

scott2ride
10-27-2004, 05:41 AM
The Factory does come standard with Super Corsa's. And they are a nice tire. But prone to punchers on the road.

Pilot Powers are a better road tire in my opinion.

However I had the standard Diablos on my old Mille and replaced them with the Pilot Powers at a track day. WOW.... big difference!