PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Aprilia RSV Mille Decision!

btrain
10-24-2004, 07:09 PM
First off, I am new to the forum and I have found many helpful and interesting threads here. Great forum.

Right now I own a 1999 Ducati 996s and a 2002 Suzuki GSX-R750. I love certain things about both bikes, but I need to end up with only one bike.
So here is the problem. I love the sound and looks of the Ducati, but I love the comfort and street use abilities of the Suzuki. I know that the Ducati is not designed to be comfortable and is designed to be a race bike, but I love Italian bikes and especially love v-twins. The Suzuki is easy and fun to ride, but it does not have the rumble and the exotic looks and personality of the Ducati.
The bike that I want to buy next has to be a v-twin, preferably Italian (not necessarily), look great, and must be fairly comfortable to ride around town on. The only bike I can think of that fits my criteria is the 2004 Aprilia RSV Mille. Some people have told me that the RC51 is more comfortable than my Ducati and that I should look into that bike, but I have never ridden one. What do you guys recommend for a bike that fits the best in relation to my criteria? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dvus
10-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a no brainer. You obviously want a one sided vote. I'll take a wild stab at things and go with hmmmm yeah the mille. It's very comfortable and enjoyable. I did some sport touring on my mille. I love it. Nothing but absolute freedom.

PAID BY FORD
10-24-2004, 08:07 PM
sounds like you already made up your mind. Not that i dont agree 1000% mind you. Although look into getting a factory its well worth the price difference. I have one and i love it have had mine since sept of last year and couldnt be happier

Arnie
10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Get the Mille. I have the Factory and love it. Just understand that you will encounter some minor issues just like the Duc. But there's plenty of help available on this site.

buckmaster
10-25-2004, 07:09 AM
I have 2 04 r-1 yamahas a 04 gxr-750 & just bought a 04 factory .I can only say one thing because the lack of miles ive been able to put on my factory is " everything else goes".I can honestly say this is what I have been looking for.I had a 96 916 & liked it but not really. always had charging problems and caught on fire while I was riding it. I think you will see w/piaggos$$$ that a aprillia is every thing a duc is & more.