PDA

View Full Version : finally! some pics - cwalker's bike

cwalker
10-23-2004, 01:36 PM
ok, finally got a couple of pics of my bike ( not perfect quality, sorry, taken in a hurry in the workshop.... btw, thx kristiaan for that!! ;) )

so, now you can all stop nagging and start bitching/spewing/telling how bad it looks.... i know it's coming...

:D :D

cwalker
10-23-2004, 01:38 PM
and another one.....

cwalker
10-23-2004, 01:40 PM
number 3....

cwalker
10-23-2004, 01:43 PM
and 4......

cwalker
10-23-2004, 01:45 PM

cwalker
10-23-2004, 01:47 PM
last one....for now....

clarkie49
10-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Bling! Bling!

cwalker
10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
congrats, clarkie....you're the very first "bitchy"

:D :D :D

Dvus
10-23-2004, 03:25 PM
nice wheels.

scott2ride
10-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Looks damn fine to me.

cF wheels too... damn!:D

Give some more shots of the bike and the decals on it. They looh great!

I like the opaque lettering of the number 9.

What is the signiture on the tank?

And you are right... it looks BAD!

.... and thats a good thing in case you are wondering!

cwalker
10-23-2004, 04:28 PM
thx... sadly these are the only pics i've got untill now, i'll have a better series next week.
the signature on the tank is chris walker's ( WSB, team foggy petronas) it's an original, didn't have it laquered over yet, so there's just some protective clear film on top of it untill now.
stickers were made ,also after chris's 2003 design, in colors of my choice ( gloss black/matt black/metallic grey). guess they'll be replaced by number 11 next year.... :(
some small changes in the design are next, thx. to a mate who's a superb painter/airbrusher. i'll also try to replace the seat unit by an mv agusta one, just to see how that would look, but i'll try it on photoshop first...
and after that, it's the 60mm. throttle bodies and the engine works.... :D
after that, i hope it's finished...although i wonder if it will ever be..
i'll post some pics of some of my earlier bikes, ducati and gsxr, you'll see... it's never finished....

glad at least some of you like it.... ;)

:peace:

cwalker
10-23-2004, 04:36 PM
and the gixxer....

DRT-Tuning
10-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Your RSV Rocks! I can tell you that.

Duc is also nice, but the Gixxer...it's proabably the ugly color-scheme, I normally like Gixxers.

But your RSV really rocks!

GMille R
10-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Are the CF swingarm covers store-bought or did you make them?

cwalker
10-23-2004, 07:30 PM
swingarm protectors are bought, sebimoto stuff.
www.sebimoto.com

just painted the gsxr 'cause i'm a stalker fan....nooooo...could you really guess????? :D :D

and because all my other bikes have been some sort of black... wanted something "different" you wouldn't believe how many people asked if it was the new kawasaki zx 10 (back in 2002....)

cman6453
10-24-2004, 09:49 AM
now what about that mirror? :D

Dr. Thrillride
10-24-2004, 11:31 AM
looks good. Lots of bling and since you've got the Factory, toys, toys, toys galore now. Does it get to the track much?

How many cogs in that rear sprocket? Was that what BST sent you or is that a custom job? I'm assuming it's aluminum?

What settings do use front and rear on the Ohlins bling?

What do you use to secure the front fairing to the stays? I use little plastic plugs you get at the hardware shop, but wondering if you've found something better that doesn't look mickey mouse like mine.

Do you have a local race club that you're a member of? Wondering if numbers are okay with your club, if you're a member, or is that just something Europeans do? Those that do it here are in lots of do do with the club, if they're a member. Otherwise shunned by racers since street crazies don't equate with racers, who are usually pretty cool on the street, track junkies or otherwise. The former just give the club a bad name.

great on the bike. Good luck with the engine mods

cwalker
10-24-2004, 02:44 PM
the mirror is in one of the pictures, i'll post specific ones on that later this week.

- depends what you guys mean by bling.... here, that's something rather negative..... :(

- the rear sprocket is a one-off in aluminium, made by QMS, 42 t.
i've also got a 43t. and 45t.

- i'll also post the suspension settings later, i've got them written down somewhere.... will have to look for that...

- the number 9 refers to chris walker's number. but yes, i used to race untill i broke shoulder,arm,spine couple of years ago. i'll be picking it up again next season. here you rarely see numbers on bikes, and surely not on the boy racer's bikes, they put valentino rossi and no fear stickers everywhere, but no numbers. would never put something like a #1 or #46 on my bike. some people here don't even know walker. only rossi, doohan, gibernau(twat)... and the likes.
very few clubs for sports bikes here, they're usually touring bikes (bbbooorrriiiinnngggg) or customs (eeeexxxxxttrrrrreeemmmmeeeellllyyyy bbboooorrrriiiiinnngggggg!)

been riding on the road for 17 years, on racetracks for about 10 years, so i'm too much of a "grandpa" here to qualify as boy racer... :D :D :D
anyway, in "biking hell" belgium, you don't survive for 17 years if you behave like an idiot.
i do have a superb "speeding tickets" collection though, beats a stamp collection every time.....:( :(

cwalker
10-24-2004, 02:47 PM
fairing is fixed to the stays with black pro-bolt countersunk bolts/washers. will also include pic later on. look at www.tastynuts.com

Rudolf
10-24-2004, 03:10 PM
i'll be picking it up again next season.

Sounds like I'm going to spot you somewhere next year. What about Assen? I 'll come up. :)

cwalker
10-24-2004, 03:13 PM
haven't got 2005 calendar yet, but i guess i'll be at assen about 3-4 times as well.
also thinking about ducati club races, but not sure yet.
look forward to meeting you, you bring some czech beers, i'll bring belgian ones....

Rudolf
10-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Please, feel free to keep your Belgian beers. I do advertising signs for your breweries, but I rather drink real beer. Have you ever considered participating in the bling-free Mille Challenge?

cwalker
10-24-2004, 03:24 PM
ok, guinness then.... :D :D :D

not much info on the mille challenge over here. feel free to post or send me by e-mail..... :D

bling-free....

cwalker
10-24-2004, 03:26 PM
btw: yeah, i know, at 34 and with a heavily damaged spine it's not ideal to go back to racing, but watch out for those "veterans".....

;)

youth nowadays....... :D :D :D

Rudolf
10-24-2004, 03:28 PM
You got a PM with the details.

cwalker
10-24-2004, 03:36 PM
....and you got a pm with reply....

thx mate...

or should i say, "vielen dank, mein freund" ?

MilleR_R1_R6
10-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by cwalker
ok, finally got a couple of pics of my bike ( not perfect quality, sorry, taken in a hurry in the workshop.... btw, thx kristiaan for that!! ;) )

so, now you can all stop nagging and start bitching/spewing/telling how bad it looks.... i know it's coming...

O.k. where's the throw up smillie? :D :D

Nhaa... looks good. Congrats ;)

So, you're doing the mille challenge ??

cwalker
10-24-2004, 04:31 PM
thx....

not yet... :D

just got the info on it 15 mins. ago, i just started reading it..... might do however, depends on what the belgian 2005 schedule looks like...

but looks very interesting...

Rudolf
10-24-2004, 04:35 PM
You'd be one of the few youngsters at your age of 34:)

cwalker
10-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Rudolf
You'd be one of the few youngsters at your age of 34:)

you're joking???
here in belgium, we're up against an armade of 18-25 year olds, in 4hr. endurance series, there's maybe 15 guys over 30!!

would be fun to be part of the youngsters for a change.....
mainly germans or brits in the challenge i imagine?
guess there's only about 5 people in belgium racing milles, if there are that many anyway....
(apart from trackdays that is)

nordschleife is also on the planning for this year...
would love to do the IOM TT in 2006 as well, after that, it's retirement. :( :(
(f*cked spine, can't keep taking the risks...) :(

NeoGeniX
10-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah thats the way I like it...lots and lots of carbon. Those wheels costs more than my own bike :D

Erg mooi ding...nu nog wat betere fotos voor op mn achtergrond ;)

cwalker
10-24-2004, 05:15 PM
well, actually, apart from the wheels,airduct and swingarm protectors, all carbon is OEM on the factory, haven't added that much CF.

as promised, better pics somewhere this week.

cwalker
10-25-2004, 04:59 PM
btw.... has anyone ever tried/seen an mv agusta seat unit on an 04 rsvr? i saw it on a 02, looked great....

Befbever
10-26-2004, 04:36 AM
I've heard of this Chris Walker fella. Didn't he used to ride in GP 500?

http://users.pandora.be/beffy/Gifs/sofa.gif

cwalker
10-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Befbever
I've heard of this Chris Walker fella. Didn't he used to ride in GP 500?

http://users.pandora.be/beffy/Gifs/sofa.gif

wel beffy... i hope you're joking......about the "i think....."
;)

did ride in gp yes, couple of races....untill honda f*cked him over.....

mossback
10-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Refreshing cador. Kudos to you cwalker...not just another poser.

Truly thank you.

the mirror is in one of the pictures, i'll post specific ones on that later this week.

- depends what you guys mean by bling.... here, that's something rather negative..... :(

- the rear sprocket is a one-off in aluminium, made by QMS, 42 t.
i've also got a 43t. and 45t.

- i'll also post the suspension settings later, i've got them written down somewhere.... will have to look for that...

- the number 9 refers to chris walker's number. but yes, i used to race untill i broke shoulder,arm,spine couple of years ago. i'll be picking it up again next season. here you rarely see numbers on bikes, and surely not on the boy racer's bikes, they put valentino rossi and no fear stickers everywhere, but no numbers. would never put something like a #1 or #46 on my bike. some people here don't even know walker. only rossi, doohan, gibernau(twat)... and the likes.
very few clubs for sports bikes here, they're usually touring bikes (bbbooorrriiiinnngggg) or customs (eeeexxxxxttrrrrreeemmmmeeeellllyyyy bbboooorrrriiiiinnngggggg!)

been riding on the road for 17 years, on racetracks for about 10 years, so i'm too much of a "grandpa" here to qualify as boy racer... :D :D :D
anyway, in "biking hell" belgium, you don't survive for 17 years if you behave like an idiot.
i do have a superb "speeding tickets" collection though, beats a stamp collection every time.....:( :(

:peace: :D

Befbever
10-27-2004, 05:58 AM
I was of course joking about Chris Walker. I used to enjoy watching him ride, as I did Haga when he was on the R7 and gave me a reason to watch WSB.
However, he couldn't adapt his riding style to the mighty H*nda in GP's and Bell's Palsy didn't make it any easier.

I was in the shop yesterday. Hmm.... your bike's still there....

clarkie49
10-27-2004, 07:49 AM
i heard his bike is a show queen and does get ridden at all :D

cwalker
11-10-2004, 06:28 PM
hi guys,
sorry, i've been off line for about two weeks; modem f*cked ***@@@****

well befbever; my bike es not "still" in the shop, it's "again"

putting in one of benny's race engines .......

btw clarkie, doesn't get ridden? nah, only about 17000 kms. in 3 1/2 months.... and believe me or not, in tiny belgium, that IS a lot.

on the queen bike thing..... why don't we meet at the IOM TT in 2005, and have a nice little blast.... bet you'll "outqueen" me then.... :happy: :happy:

:devilbat:

quazimoto
11-10-2004, 10:08 PM
I don't about you guy's--but I spot a supemoto wheel saying "hello" in that first photo

clarkie49
11-11-2004, 08:32 AM
why bother taking the challenge, he will just back down so his 'show bike' doesnt get dirty :D

what that bike really needs is some white tire pen in the tire tread, all the Boyz and doing that with their Gixxers :D

cwalker
11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
woooooohhhaaaaaa..... yeah,right,show bike....

remember the pic of my carbon ducati? well, that did 11 races, 2 iom TT weeks, and finally ended his life after a 190 km/h. highside.... nobody told me i shouldn't do that on a show bike???
:confused:

nothing personal clarkie, and i'm sure you're a top guy and a top aprilia tuner... but why is it that you are allways kind enough to help others with advice, but prefer to look down on europeans, both as racers and tuners? i've seen guys getting a beating on the track from riders and bikes you'd never expect to be faster? but if there's one thing i've learned on the track ( apart from how many bones a man can break
:D) it's that there's allways a faster rider and a better bike around,and if there isn't , there will be one, one day.

as we say, the IOM is what separates the men from the boys....

and, no matter who wins, as long as both make it round alive and in one piece, and can share the beers/strippers afterwards, it's been a great day and tremendous fun.

might be mistaken, but i thought that last line is what it's all about.

;) ;)

grtz, (and respect anyway!)
cwalker

clarkie49
11-11-2004, 10:27 AM
nothing personal clarkie, and i'm sure you're a top guy and a top aprilia tuner... but why is it that you are allways kind enough to help others with advice, but prefer to look down on europeans, both as racers and tuners?

actually you are wrong, i repect european riders and tuners a lot, i just like giving you shit because you are so easy to get wound up and you ALWAYS take the bait :D

cwalker
11-11-2004, 10:37 AM
easy wound up, yeah, but only by claudia schiffer and the likes mate...or was that "turned on" .... :D :D

white marker on the tires......ccchhhrrriiiiiissssstttt i knew i forgot something.....:happy: :happy:

pretty sure you'll be going for the pink marker then??....., and some fluffy rabbit ears on your brain bucket maybe?