PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a Xmas Aprilia Bash in Sydney....

Exdukenut
10-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Thoughts most welcome, and the sooner the better, so I could organise a date. I'm thinking maybe the 11th December.

Last year we had a small turnout of riders, and siblings (15 riders), at my place, and JSG put up some snags/steaks and some beer, which was most generous.

I'm willing to offer up my place again if anyone is interested. Depending on numbers I could do a wonderful sheep on a spit, or just snags and steak and beers again.

Let me know.

:cool:

RinOz
10-22-2004, 02:00 AM
definately not a vegies do eh Leigh :happy:

Exdukenut
10-22-2004, 02:28 AM
I can do vegie burgers, not a problem! I'm a great cook after all! :D :D Just watch 60 mins soon, and it'll show ya! :D

Fox
10-22-2004, 03:20 AM
Watch 60 minutes? That's a high price to pay! :D
What HAVE u been up to???

Anyhow cant confirm yet but pencil Ronni + I in ...

Exdukenut
10-22-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Fox
Watch 60 minutes? That's a high price to pay! :D
What HAVE u been up to???

Anyhow cant confirm yet but pencil Ronni + I in ...

You bet! :D

I'm in an upcoming episode of 60 mins on "Super Dads - Mr Mums". Go figure! :D

Ill keep you posted.

I'll see what reponse we get from others re this idea of another Aprilia BBQ for Sydney. If we don't get a huge response for the idea, we could always make it just lots of drinks at some pub central to everyone, for some Xmas cheer! :cheers:

RinOz
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
we could always make it just lots of drinks at some pub central to everyone

the Macquarie hotel :D

petermac
10-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Count me in Leigh ! Date sounds fine . Dead sheep on a spit MMM ! Beer too . Hard to beat . regards , Peter .

Fox
10-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by RinOz
the Macquarie hotel :D

Yes that's good for me (being across the road and all) :D

Exdukenut
10-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Charlie, I think you'll find that Jeff is saying the Macquarie Hotel, in Port Macquarie! :p:

Fox
10-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Exdukenut
Charlie, I think you'll find that Jeff is saying the Macquarie Hotel, in Port Macquarie! :p:

D'OH!

FORZA
10-24-2004, 06:39 PM
Leigh,
Keep me informed if you need/want a contribution this year.

Dave

Exdukenut
10-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll keep you posted, as I get some idea of numbers. I'll probably do it anyways.

DazRSV
10-24-2004, 11:02 PM
The 11th sounds good Leigh, pub or your place sounds fine, thanks again for the TB sync tune up on Saturday ,the result was excellent smoother accelaration and decelaration .
Andrew and I swapped bikes on the way home and the bugger wouldnt give it back he was very impressed so impressed he went to Sydney City and the Honda shop looking for a new twin.
Hes hooked on getting a SP1 :rolleyes: for some reason.
The big green van was tailing us on the way home I can see speed runs in the family ;)
Daz

Exdukenut
10-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by DazRSV
The 11th sounds good Leigh, pub or your place sounds fine, thanks again for the TB sync tune up on Saturday ,the result was excellent smoother accelaration and decelaration .
Andrew and I swapped bikes on the way home and the bugger wouldnt give it back he was very impressed so impressed he went to Sydney City and the Honda shop looking for a new twin.
Hes hooked on getting a SP1 :rolleyes: for some reason.
The big green van was tailing us on the way home I can see speed runs in the family ;)
Daz

No worries on the sync, glad it's good. As to the family in the green van, it's all Mitchell's fault, he kept geeing up the wife to catch you guys! :D

Tell Andrew to get a Falco. The SP1 is absolutely down right dangerous, and handles like a bucket of piss. Lots of dollars req'd to get it to go right!

Best
Leigh

Fox
10-27-2004, 06:14 AM
mmmm ... bucket of piss ....

Johnny in Oz
10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the invite Leigh. I currently have that weekend in my diary as a trip up the Oxley and Thunderbolts Way. If my bike's back by then that is.

OTW I'm in. I'll let you know as the date approaches and glad to contribute to the bash. Just let me know what's involved.

Cheers

John

BTW, looks like $15K+ damage. I'm getting them to fit the Pilot Powers seeing as they'll have to replace the swingarm anyway.:eek:

Exdukenut
10-28-2004, 10:16 PM
John, $15K.....yikes!!!!!:( :( :(

No worries I'll keep everyone posted.

So far there have been the usual "suspects" hoping to be able to make it, but not a huge response as yet. So I may change it just for some Xmas beers at a fairly central pub to everyone. Possibly the city maybe?

Any other thoughts greatly appreciated.

TTYAS

petermac
10-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Anyone doing the Aitken's / Aprilia ride day at Oran Park on the 21st November ?

Exdukenut
11-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Bump to the top..........4-6 definates, 4-6 maybes, so far.

:rolleyes:

Fox
11-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Ronni cant make it but I will be riding in from Springwood ...

Fox
11-15-2004, 11:42 PM
BTW, looks like $15K+ damage. I'm getting them to fit the Pilot Powers seeing as they'll have to replace the swingarm anyway.:eek:

I can honestly say the Power Pilot is the best tyre I've ever used! I just did 1000k on them on the same roads you're going to and they were superb. Michelin claims the tyres use motogp technology and with the grip levell I believe it.

Exdukenut
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
I have decided to cancel this effort to have a Xmas bash.

The Reason..........not enough interest has been shown.

We may try again for something next year.

Sorry guys, but appathy seems to rule.

TTYAS

:rolleyes:

RinOz
11-22-2004, 04:35 PM
invite the guys from Melbourne, you'll probably get more of them show up :rolleyes: :happy:

DazRSV
11-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Oh well, thanks for the offer anyway Ex, if anyone is still going for a drink in town dont forget to post, good excuse to wear my new Aprilia Tshirt and show some logo/sticker stuff Im working on at present.

tofoz
12-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi Leigh,

Just recently returned from o/seas.

Thanks for trying to organise a Christmas bash, pity there doesn't seem to be enough interest.

Perhaps see some of you guys in the New Year for a ride - down south?