PDA

View Full Version : Cyclecats needs to look at an '04 Mille

Norcal Factory
10-20-2004, 09:15 PM
If you are near Columbus Ohio, please give them a call and let them measure your bike for rearsets and clip on's. I want to buy some clip on's - they look like the most flexible on the market.

Pasta_Powered
10-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Re: Cycle Cat Rear Sets (Amauri)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Pasta_Powered
Spectrum is ordering the Cycle Cat Rear Sets for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell Spectrum that the ARS-1 is for 03 and earlier bikes, the 04s are different.
Cycle Cat is currently working on the reasets for the 04 Milles, hopefully to be available soon.

The eccentric adjustments are on the Acculign rearsets not the Cycle Cats.
I prefer the Cycle Cats myself.

Norcal Factory
10-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I just talked to them Monday. They don't have a bike to check out the fit. They do know the rearsets for the '03 will not work.

Pasta_Powered
10-20-2004, 09:54 PM
I believe they have Amauri's stock rearsets to develop their CNC maps. Do they really need an entire bike to fit them?

I guess if they are doing a GP style shifter they would need a bike or the dimensions. Anyway Amauri probly' has the latest scoop on this part.

STT GUY
10-25-2004, 05:25 PM
I'll loan them my 04 RSV.

I'm in Toledo

Monte

Norcal Factory
10-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Give them a call! www.cyclecats.com They will make it worthwhile for you to participate :they say".

BushrodW
06-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Did anything come from this?

BW

amauri
06-14-2005, 09:50 AM
I finished test fitting the prototypes for them a few months ago, they should be ready by now.

Call them and ask for Scott Reynolds.

buckmaster
06-14-2005, 09:52 AM
amauri ,whats your take on them??

amauri
06-14-2005, 10:08 AM
They make a quality product.
The prototypes I worked with were plastic computer machined pieces so I never got to actually ride with them.

At the time I needed rearsets for my then new Factory for track use only, I didn't want to spend a lot of money.
I was hoping that they would give me a free set for helping with the development but it was taking way too long so I got a set of Woodcrafts instead.

IMHO most of the adjustable reasets available are too fancy/expensive for track use, they're good for street riders that want a custom fit position.

The Woodcraft are cheap, well made, strong but not so strong that the frame will break in a crash and parts a easily available.
And I was able to use the Aprilia GP shifter I had laying around.

BushrodW
06-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I finished test fitting the prototypes for them a few months ago, they should be ready by now.

Call them and ask for Scott Reynolds.

I talked to Scott. He wouldn't admit to any prototype fitting and defaulted to the official company line of "we haven't had [an '04 Factory] in our shop" for a test fit. In view of the f'ed up legal system we have here in the U.S. that stance is to be expected.

I WAS able to get the SS brake line lengths from the manifold block: 19" to left front and 15" to the right front calipers, and stock length plus 40mm to the radial master cylinder.

The riser is 1.5" high x 51mm diameter.

The radial m/c takes a standard banjo bolt.

I gathered that his, i.e., CycleCat's concern is that 1.5" risers may not clear the '04's fairing if mounted in the high position. He implied that they may need to make a riser slightly lower than that and/or alter the brackets that relocate the fluid reservoirs to a more inboard position.

now all y'all knows what I knows.

BW