PDA

View Full Version : Guess What Our Dealer Here Just Put Togetherô

Toolbox
10-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Argh! Saw it today and I wish I could afford to get it. It comes with all the original stuff plus a set of Marchesini wheels, an entire body kit, ECU chip and full titanium exhaust, sprocket and I'm sure a whole lot of other things I didn't see.

Check it out... its goit a tag of Php. 1,700,000.00 which is about US$30,222.00. Ouch!

http://www.motorcycleasia.com/images/rsv/112.jpg

http://www.motorcycleasia.com/images/rsv/113.jpg

http://www.motorcycleasia.com/images/rsv/114.jpg

dowzerr
10-17-2004, 11:24 AM
I dont think its that nice. Could have done way better.

KillerA04
10-17-2004, 11:31 AM
I agree! Looks like something from a Japanese horror movie!
KA

grumpyduck
10-17-2004, 11:36 AM
:plus:

I agree yeuchhh!!! Too many diferrent colours..

cman6453
10-17-2004, 11:51 AM
I don't mind the color scheme so much but why $30,000 USD? $13,000 extra for a paint job, exhaust system, some decals and magnesium wheels?

Where did they get an ECU from? I'm not the authority of all that is motorcycles but as far as I know, there is no aftermarket ECU available yet nor is there a way to manipulate the OEM ECU. Can someone say otherwise?

Dvus
10-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by cman6453
I don't mind the color scheme so much but why $30,000 USD? $13,000 extra for a paint job, exhaust system, some decals and magnesium wheels?

Where did they get an ECU from? I'm not the authority of all that is motorcycles but as far as I know, there is no aftermarket ECU available yet nor is there a way to manipulate the OEM ECU. Can someone say otherwise? :plus:

They trying to sucker someone in to buying that. Whoever wants to buy that send them over to clarkie he can build the real thing and save 10grand

cman6453
10-17-2004, 12:31 PM
yup, that's what i would do w/ my money...send it over to clarkie's massage parlor!! :happy:

mille-ryan
10-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Dont wanna hurt anyones feelers here, :eek: but that looks like shit.I understand it'll be a race bike and all I would hope, but damm

cwalker
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
yup...; could be a lot better for that kind of money.
far too many stickers, they should have gone for the genuine motoGP paint scheme, and for that kind o' dosh, they AT LEAST could include a white petrol tank as well as the OEM one... :D

one thing i've got to admire..... their ability to polish....christ, the tank is a nightmare... no matter how much i clean it, there's allways scratches/stains/fingerprints/, let alone the drool left by R1/cbr/other sushi bike owners....;) ;) ;)

anyone got suggestions on how to clean that fr*ggin plastic tank by the way?

:peace:

Dr. Thrillride
10-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by cwalker
yup...; could be a lot better for that kind of money.
far too many stickers, they should have gone for the genuine motoGP paint scheme, and for that kind o' dosh, they AT LEAST could include a white petrol tank as well as the OEM one... :D

one thing i've got to admire..... their ability to polish....christ, the tank is a nightmare... no matter how much i clean it, there's allways scratches/stains/fingerprints/, let alone the drool left by R1/cbr/other sushi bike owners....;) ;) ;)

anyone got suggestions on how to clean that fr*ggin plastic tank by the way?

:peace:

yah, paint it a different colour

:D

cwalker
10-17-2004, 05:31 PM
whaddaya mean, different color?????? ;) ;)

there's only one colour for motorbikes, BLACK!! :D :D :D

clarkie49
10-17-2004, 07:04 PM
wow, you guys are pretty critical of the guy, post up photos of your bike 'stalker' i want to see if you are as big a squid as i keep hearing about.

the bike is expensive because of the exchange rate, but add the bike and accessories up in US dollars with everything at MRSP

bike $18000
wheels $3500
Bodywork $1000
paint $500
exhaust $1800
chain/sprockets $200

that is $25,000 and a lot of things will cost more than that.

Factory's are selling for something like $35,000 in New Zealand dollars, which is why Scott and a few others got their bike direct from the UK.

bikes are also cheaper in the UK than the US when you do a direct exchange rate

RSVRollo
10-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
bikes are also cheaper in the UK than the US when you do a direct exchange rate [/B]

Not sure you've got your facts right if we're talking about the Factory: cheapest I have seen is £9,499 plus on the road costs of £250 and that's for a European model with dodgy headlights (for those of us that drive on the CORRECT side of the road....:D ). Now that, on current exchange rates, amounts to just over $17,500 and I've read you guys in the States can pick up new bikes for $14,000.

You guys always get the cheapest gear, it's just not fair...:mad: :mad: :mad:

:whiner:

clarkie49
10-18-2004, 08:05 AM
ok, but cant you guys get a RC51 (SP2) for the same price as a RSV-R?

American dealers are whores, people will pricematch at the drop of the hat, people will also drive for 4 hours to save $20 :rolleyes:

RSVRollo
10-18-2004, 08:30 AM
Can't quite get a RC51 (or SP1 as we know it) for the same money as an RSVR. Just had a quick look on the web and can turn-up a new RSVR (again European import) for £6500 + OTR (circa $12,200) but the cheapest I found an RC51 for was £8000 (circa $14,500) even now....:confused: Go figure....

I know what you mean about driving 200 miles to save a fiver but I just went to my nice local Aprilia dealer who did me a good deal for cash anyway. Only problem is they wont service on a Saturday and I'll be buggered if I'm taking a day off to have my bike serviced so I go to an Aprilia authorised service centre instead. Otherwise, they'd get all my repeat business...

X-CBR MAN
10-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Bad Ass rims!!

cwalker
10-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49
wow, you guys are pretty critical of the guy, post up photos of your bike 'stalker' i want to see if you are as big a squid as i keep hearing about.

on the being critical part; i just gave my honest opinion, as everyone will probably do (and is welcome to) on my pics as soon as i get them posted over here. i guess you'd also agree that the bike would have looked way better in the exact replica livery, it's those huge stickers that spoil it.

calculation if you would do the same thing over here:
bike: 17500 euros( and that's even without the discount).
wheels; about 1700 euros.
exhaust; 2200 euros.
chain+sprocket kit: around 250 euros.
fairing+sticker kit; 750 euros.

which makes about 22400 euros, which is roughly 25000 $. and believe me, you can get those parts even cheaper(paid 1100 euros for the marchesinis on my gsxr). a nera is about 31000 euros here, without discount. ( even saw one at 28000 euros, brandnew)

i didn't say that bike is butt-ugly ( as in harley-davidson
:D :D ), i just reckon the mass of stickers ruins it...and that it's a bit on the expensive side..

as for the "squid thing", i'll take that as an insult..... :fangs:

:D :D :D