PDA

View Full Version : Front sprocket 16 tooth

Zvonimir
10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi there,
what can I get if i put on front 16 tooth sprocket?
Can you feel the great difference from the original?
Aloso I am interested is it realy good for a bike to switch original sparks for the Denso iridiums?

Thanks everyone in advance!
CIAO

:confused: :confused: :confused:

stevnmd
10-12-2004, 06:23 PM
I put a 16 tooth sprocket on the front almost immediately after getting the Tuono because IMHO first gear was WAY too long. I love it. I would never go back to a 17 tooth. Shift points are much more intuitive. Riding in town is much easier. Plus, with the way Aprilia's speedo pickup works the speedo's even still accurate!

Sixtysix
10-12-2004, 06:26 PM
I run a 15T......I would never go back to the 16T unless I was racing it. (16T standard in US on 2003 models).

Tuono SBK
10-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Zvonimir,

16/44 is the way to go, this makes a big difference to low speed control and acceleration compared to the standard 17/42 European setup. It's also a very cheap mod. around 60 for both front and back sprocket.

Harry H
10-13-2004, 04:30 AM
Nothings ever easy though

16/44 is the perfect combo but some people say you need a longer chain to get it to fit. I've got away with the original but only just. There is some concern that at high speed the tyre will expand and foul the rear of the swing arm. My Vmax reads 135 and there's no evidence of this happening but piece of mind is only the cost of a 110 link chain.

The alternative is a 15t front. Not tried this. Some say it's fine but others are concerened that due to the small diameter there is increased wear on the chain runner.

You pays your money you makes your choice. Either way concensus is that stock gearing is way to long and something needs to be done. I can only assume Aprilia are over concrerned about newbies do damage with accidental wheelies.

:)

Zvonimir
10-13-2004, 02:07 PM
And what about sparks Denso iridium,is it ok to change it from original NGK?:confused: :confused: