PDA

View Full Version : Keeping passenger pegs with Akro 2n2?



kimmyhendrix
10-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Hi, new here, just got my 04 Tuono yesterday. Once I complete break in, I want to get the Akro 2n2 system, but also want to keep the passenger pegs.

Is there a way to do that and still keep the upswept angle? Looks like there may not be. I thought maybe the Mille pegs would work??
Thanks,
kimmyhendrix
:peace:

THUNDR
10-11-2004, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure there is an add-on kit to retain the rear pegs. Luckily my gal rides, its tough enough to keep the front wheel down!

kimmyhendrix
10-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by THUNDR
I'm pretty sure there is an add-on kit to retain the rear pegs. Luckily my gal rides, its tough enough to keep the front wheel down!



I haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out!

Zvonimir
10-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes,there are original Aprilia kit for passanger footped,I also used this on my SP Titanium Twin exaust,the code is 8796506:banana:

kimmyhendrix
10-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks!!

kimmyhendrix
10-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Zvonimir
Yes,there are original Aprilia kit for passanger footped,I also used this on my SP Titanium Twin exaust,the code is 8796506:banana:
By the way, do you know where I can find it? Apriliusa.com, or AF1?
Thanks!:confused:

Zvonimir
10-12-2004, 05:56 PM
for sure Aprilia USA official dealer!! :happy:

snormr
10-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey, Kimmy...keep me updated on what you find out about this. Pictures, cost, etc. I've got the Akra full 2-into-2 that I won't give up....but would like the passenger pegs back for that occaisional ride with the SO. While I like the carbon fiber hangers, I could do w/out them in favor of some rear pegs.

Thanks,
Rob

kimmyhendrix
10-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by snormr
Hey, Kimmy...keep me updated on what you find out about this. Pictures, cost, etc.

Rob, I just ordered them from my dealer. As far as I know, that's the only place you can get them, unless you can find one on eBay or something. I paid $70 (original price of $75 with $5 off). I don't know exactly how they'll fit or look, but I'll let you know when I get them installed with the 2n2. The part number referenced above is correct.
Thanks,
kimmyhendrix

JoeKher
10-13-2004, 07:27 AM
The kit is a couple of nuts and bolts that let you reuse your stock pegs with the Akro system. It is a good clean application. You will love it!:D

mysubaruimp
10-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by JoeKher
The kit is a couple of nuts and bolts that let you reuse your stock pegs with the Akro system. It is a good clean application. You will love it!:D

If you re-use your stock pegs with it, how do the pipes bolt up? The left peg has no provisions for bolting a hanger to it.

008man
10-13-2004, 01:29 PM
The kit retro fits a pipe hanger to the left passenger peg. You remove the peg and use a drill template provided in the kit to open up a hole to bolt the pipe hanger to the back of the passenger peg. It will make the left passenger peg look like a mirror of the right one. You can (Ive heard) use falco passenger pegs.

Zvonimir
10-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Here I give you picture ( shema ) of this part,so you can see how it looks!!

19 Footrest support KIT - - - A - 8796506 1