PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Black Factory 4 sale

Roadracer86
10-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Anyone interested in a 2000 mile 2004 Black Factory?

Bike has a full Arrow Carbon canister exhaust system($1600 new) plus complete stock system, the latest fuel injection map, 15t front sprocket, Evo license plate kit, and Spyder radar detector mount. 600 mile service completed, updated oil tank resevior and is in immaculant condition. Remainder of the factory warranty, purchased new Oct. 15, 2003. Also have chasis and engine service manuals that go with the bike.

This bike has not been to any track day events and broken in per the service manual instructions only. Adult ridden, never abused and mechanically perfect. Bike gets washed every 200 miles and as clean as when new. Rear stand included if needed. My bike has had the minor bugs worked out and hasn't had any major problems.

Bike is located 60 miles north of Detroit Michigan. Michigan riding absolutely sucks which is the main reason the bike is up for sale. I spent most of my time on this bike stuck in friggin traffic jams. Building a 2003 CBR 600RR for the track where I don't have to worry about retards cutting me off because I am on a bike.

If interested call 810 245 0484 or cell 248 797 0321 for more information. My asking price is $15,500 but would be willing to generate a bill of sale less than purchase price to assit the buyer with registration tax. Shipping would be up to the buyer if needed. Pictures available upon request. Please do not email me privately on this list because my job requires frequent travel and I only check this site occasionally.

Thanks.

99sh
10-10-2004, 03:56 PM
U know that Beaudry Motorsports is selling 04 Factory R's for $14899 new, dont you? :rolleyes:

buckmaster
10-10-2004, 05:12 PM
corse superbikes has em for 14,500.

Roadracer86
10-11-2004, 07:26 AM
I am aware of the new pricing, but you have to consider freight and set up as additional costs. Add the full Arrow Carbon system alone and your out the door price will be much more. Even if you add the pipe to a new bike without any other fees and the price is $16,500. Just my .02 cents.

Merto
10-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Roadracer86
I am aware of the new pricing, but you have to consider freight and set up as additional costs. Add the full Arrow Carbon system alone and your out the door price will be much more. Even if you add the pipe to a new bike without any other fees and the price is $16,500. Just my .02 cents.

If only it worked like that..... I reckon you will be better off putting the original pipes back on and selling the bike as standard. Sell the Arrow stuff seperately.....

Roadracer86
10-11-2004, 12:33 PM
If anyone wanted the bike unmolsted I can convert the bike back to stock and would be willing to drop the price and sell the pipe seperately.

jam007
10-11-2004, 08:17 PM
put your bike up on ebay...the pipes are a good selling point, but you are going to have to take a hit on the price if you want to sell the bike.....The bike is used with 2k miles on it, new buyer is going to be the second owner on the title, new bikes are selling for 14,500 and going lower with time. Your bike should sell for around $12,000 with the pipes.
This is reality and fair. I would buy it for 12K, but I just bought a new one for $14,500.

good luck.

jam007
10-11-2004, 08:19 PM
The $14,500 included everthing but sales tax.

clarkie49
10-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by jam007
The $14,500 included everthing but sales tax.

yeah, but you bought your bike from a dealer that wont be able to work on your bike in 12 months because they are dumping Aprilia

if you ask a lot of owners that bought their bike at the 'whoring out price' they will tell you that their dealer sucks and they refuse to go back there beacuse their techs dont know anything about the bike.

look after your dealer and they will be there to look after you ;)

jam007
10-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Clarkie,
In some cases you may be right, but in this situation you are wrong. The dealership that sold me my bike has been in business for 40 years and for good reason. They made a smart business decision to sell me a bike below dealer cost rather than have it depreciate in inventory over the winter. Earlier this year there were rumors of a pending bankruptcy of Aprilia, as a result buyers avoided purchasing new bikes. This is the reason why 04 RSVR Factories are selling $3K-$4K below list price right now. Clarkie, you are suggesting that we pay over market value to in effect "kiss the dealers ass" so we can get good service on our bike's. This is BS, dealer's make money operating there service departments!! They want our business.

motobin
10-12-2004, 07:02 AM
It is nice to see another dealer say the same thing that we have about dealers who whore the product out. But as you can see there are those who dont' appreciate good service.

buckmaster
10-12-2004, 07:22 AM
the dealer that I got mine from was first rate but I dont have them work on my stuff.I rarely have seen good warranty support from any motorcycle company.the bikes were not worth suggested retail anyway.

Roadracer86
10-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Sorry guys, I am not a desperate seller, if the bike goes for the asking price then so be it. If it does not then I'll just ride the bike when time permits. If I needed the cash I would ghost ride the bike in a ditch and call the insurance company and get retail ACV(Actual cash value) not a value set by a few dealers who whore bikes below cost.

Once the 04 are sold off and the 05 models are the predominate source for new bikes then the used values on 04's should rise. I work in remarketing for a major auto manufacture and all values on used vehicles are down due to numerous factors (elections, fall market, over supply, etc) across the board, if Aprilia is smart they will limit supply of the 05's until all of the 04's are gone. If that happens then the prices on used 04 models will climb. It's a chance I will take and hope Aprilia makes the right decision, then I'll ask $16,000 next spring.

clarkie49
10-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by jam007
Clarkie,
In some cases you may be right, but in this situation you are wrong. The dealership that sold me my bike has been in business for 40 years and for good reason. They made a smart business decision to sell me a bike below dealer cost rather than have it depreciate in inventory over the winter. Earlier this year there were rumors of a pending bankruptcy of Aprilia, as a result buyers avoided purchasing new bikes. This is the reason why 04 RSVR Factories are selling $3K-$4K below list price right now. Clarkie, you are suggesting that we pay over market value to in effect "kiss the dealers ass" so we can get good service on our bike's. This is BS, dealer's make money operating there service departments!! They want our business.

while your dealer may not be ready to dump the product, its seems like they are halfway there. i get 3-4 phone call a day from people all over the country that are asking for help becuase their dealer sucks even though they gave them a smoking deal on the bike, hell i get people wanting to buy a turn signal because their dealer doesnt stock them.

the problem is that people like yourselves that (for whatever reason) got their bike under dealer cost and go a tell everyone else that their bikes arent worth shit because you got such a great deal, kinda like you did with Roadracer86. believe it or not you bike really is worth $18,000 even if you paid $3500 less than that, you are helping to devalue the brand by telling people that they are kidding themselves and their bikes are worth shit.

there are now multiline dealers all over the counrty whoring out bikes, there is a big list of them, but, how many of those shops actually have the right equipment to work on the bikes, how many of them have actually paid to send a mechanic to the Aprilia training school so they dont screw your bike up instead of actually fixing it?

by the number of phone calls i get in your area, not many, it seems that thr tri-state area and southern california are the worst places in the country for 'after sales service' because these are the same areas that have dealers that are cutting their losses

but hey that is just my opinion

Roadracer86 - there are a lot of people that dont like the 05 color scheme, and as for supply and delivery date, well i cant say but i am pretty sure you will get good money for a bike that 'is' worth $16,000

jam007
10-12-2004, 08:44 AM
The Bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Yeah I got lucky, I bought at the right time. Hopefully prices will rebound next year and Aprilia will be financially strong. I don't know why the hell you would want to sell this bike. Did you forget the 04 RSVR Factory is one of the greatest superbikes on the planet. Hell leave it in the garage and just admire it like a great work of art.

motobin
10-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Very well said clarkie. We here it all the time as well. I guess there is a reason that a customer will drive as far as South Carolina to have Todd work on there bike.

And who says customer service and knowledge arn't worth paying for?

Baron Samedi
10-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Clarkie, I hear what you're saying, but the bottom line is whether the dealer invests in his business or not. No matter what brand he represents.

Based on current and projected units in operation, do I hire and train technicians and invest in equipment and advertising so that I have profitable parts and service departments? I think that long term successful dealerships do.

On the other hand, which is more expensive? Hanging on to leftover '04 inventory (with its attendant carrying costs) in the HOPE that a) the market for '04s comes up in the spring and that b) if it does, buyers will recognize the value of a market price '04 compared to whatever the market decides an '05 is worth or getting as much cash as possible RIGHT NOW from someone who has agreed to buy what (like it or not - given the current instability of Aprilia) is distressed merhandise. I know what I'd do. I'd move the iron and build parts and service.

Just my 2 cents.

hotpipe
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
I spent most of my time on this bike stuck in friggin traffic jams.

How can you be stuck in a traffic jam if you riding a bike? You guys don't split lanes in Michigan?

lunchbox
10-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49
yeah, but you bought your bike from a dealer that wont be able to work on your bike in 12 months because they are dumping Aprilia

if you ask a lot of owners that bought their bike at the 'whoring out price' they will tell you that their dealer sucks and they refuse to go back there beacuse their techs dont know anything about the bike.

look after your dealer and they will be there to look after you ;)

I got my mille from my dealer for $9999 in 2002 and it was an 01 bike and my dealer rocks. They wont dump aprilia and they send their mechanice to aprilia specific schools and other stuff like that. you just have to be carefull who you buy from no matter what brand you are buying.

radduc
10-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Amost all of the dealers around here do suck,and the fact that some of these places are giving away these bikes is only going to hurt you in the long run.You can pay a real shop a fair price for your bike, or you can steal a bike from a joke shop,but the joke is on you,because in the end when you need service you will pay the guy that knows what he's doing,and that aint where you bought it.Where as if you bought it from him,most things he wouldn't even charge you for,example maping,oil changes,minor mods.The only shop in the tri state area that I trust 150% is Rollinfast Motorsports.They have gone far beyond anything that I could have expected.

Roadracer86
10-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by hotpipe
How can you be stuck in a traffic jam if you riding a bike? You guys don't split lanes in Michigan?

Lane splitting is illegal in Michigan and if you attempt to pass people on the shoulder of the road or between lanes the other drivers get pissed and try to stop your progress.....or a ticket from the cops.

This is the Motor City (mostly car nuts) with no HOV lanes or mass transit system. So what you get is one person per vehicle jamming up every available road.

When traffic is moving you have to work pretty hard to find roads that have more than 3 bends in a ten mile stretch.

If you haven't already figured it out, I moved to this god awful place from Pennsylvania to work for an auto manufacturer chasing money.

stinky
10-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Dude that sucks ass about as much as anything else has ever sucked ass before.

hotpipe
10-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Roadracer86, you either need to move to one of the ride-friendly states, or change your name to something more appropriate. Roadracer is hardly accurate, it is more like Roadkill.

Roadracer86
10-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by hotpipe
Roadracer86, you either need to move to one of the ride-friendly states, or change your name to something more appropriate. Roadracer is hardly accurate, it is more like Roadkill.

I ran AMA pro 250 gp for 10 years with 86 as my assigned number, hence the handle. Maybe I should change it to avoidassholeracer86.

Yep, Roadkill is an accurate description, road rage incidents are too frequent a problem in this state. One out four people carry handguns here so throwing the finger while on a bike or in car is a bad idea! This is the exact reason why I am selling the bike. Riders on sportbikes here are more like Japenese torpedos. Too hairy for me, back to the track I go, at least all the riders are in a controlled environment. Signing off as "one scared ex-racer who would like to keep all of his limbs."

confucius
10-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Too hairy for me, back to the track I go, at least all the riders are in a controlled environment. Signing off as "one scared ex-racer who would like to keep all of his limbs."

i rode in missouri and oklahoma for about 8 years. it's not california. that's all i have to say about that.

why not use the rsv at the track?

Roadracer86
10-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by confucius
i rode in missouri and oklahoma for about 8 years. it's not california. that's all i have to say about that.

why not use the rsv at the track?

My orignal intention was to use the bike as a track day weapon and occasional street events(Daytona etc).

I just can't bring myself to hammering this bike on the track, it is way to nice to destroy. Did you ever see a non-factory race bike an an AMA national up close? They look like they are glued together, I don't want my Factory looking the same way in a few seasons.

confucius
10-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Did you ever see a non-factory race bike an an AMA national up close? They look like they are glued together,

that's true.

clarkie49
10-13-2004, 03:55 PM
My orignal intention was to use the bike as a track day weapon and occasional street events(Daytona etc).

I just can't bring myself to hammering this bike on the track, it is way to nice to destroy. Did you ever see a non-factory race bike an an AMA national up close? They look like they are glued together, I don't want my Factory looking the same way in a few seasons.

what are you looking at buying for a track bike?

I have a sweet 120rwhp CBR600RR Race/TRack bike that will be for sale as soon as i finish it :cool: just suspension and bodywork to go

Roadracer86
10-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49
what are you looking at buying for a track bike?

I have a sweet 120rwhp CBR600RR Race/TRack bike that will be for sale as soon as i finish it :cool: just suspension and bodywork to go

I have 2003 CBR 600RR that I bought crashed that is my winter project. Ran out of cash to finish all of the mods for now.

Provide details on mods and price, I am always shopping around.

Spectre
10-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Lunch box, did you buy your bike in Post Falls, Idaho?

lunchbox
10-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Spectre
Lunch box, did you buy your bike in Post Falls, Idaho?

Nope, I bought it in Portland oregon.

clarkie49
10-15-2004, 09:16 PM
I have 2003 CBR 600RR that I bought crashed that is my winter project. Ran out of cash to finish all of the mods for now.

Provide details on mods and price, I am always shopping around.

i am 3/4 way finished with teh engine part of my CBR600RR tweak the map for the full system and pour in race gas to see if it will make 130hp :cool:

http://apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40116