PDA

View Full Version : PCIIIusb for 2004 RSVR (factory in stock)

Micah / AF1 Racing
10-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Just to let any interested parties know, the new PCIIIusb's from dynojet finally arrived this morning. Yes, we actually have them in stock right now.

Ed and I did a tune last night on a S4 Ducati Monster using one of these new USB model PC's and I was actually impressed with how well the new models from Dynojet work. These new USB PCIII's are light years ahead of the older generation stuff when it comes to tuning with changes made to the fueling map reflected nearly instantly on the dyno's EGA. Anyway, on the Ducati we were tuning last night we picked up over 9 foot pounds of torque and 12 horspower...and this was the gain of the PCIIIusb on top of the Ducati Performance ECM which was already installed on this bike.... The real beauty is how much easier the S4 starts from cold now and the dramatic differece in throttle response at every throttle position and rpm.

I personally can't wait to get the PC installed on our shop RSVR...now that I have seen how much better the latest edition from the DJ boys is...I am thinking on our bike we should be seeing gains in the 5+ horspower range when the re-mapping is complete...and our bike is pretty strong right now.

MDRSV
10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
The PC III USB is nice. It worked well for me. However, I don't trust that little scotch-lock connector that goes to the TPS wire. I spliced and sodered mine. When I get some time I will then put a real connector on the gray TPS wire if I want to remove the PC.

clarkie49
10-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Micah / AF1 Racing
I personally can't wait to get the PC installed on our shop RSVR...now that I have seen how much better the latest edition from the DJ boys is...I am thinking on our bike we should be seeing gains in the 5+ horspower range when the re-mapping is complete...and our bike is pretty strong right now.

WOW!

did you really say that a Dynojet product works? :D

Baron Samedi
10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Where's CC? It's time for him to post his Dyno chart and talk about the air box mods. Oh and to change his avatar too.

dbren23
10-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Micah:

Have you guys made a dyno run on your stock RSVR? I am interested to see the comparison with the typical air/exhaust/PC mods.

Now that you have the Axone and the Dyno it will be interesting to see the HP/Torque difference each mod makes. That is of course, after you guinea pig your bike first.

:D

Befbever
10-06-2004, 04:15 PM
I can't wait until you bolt that other thing you have onto the shop RSVR... :cool: