PDA

View Full Version : Whats the latest on Paggio?

milleRrrr
10-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Whats the latest on Paggio and the purchase of Aprilia?

HixX
10-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Apparently the deal is only 95% done - Piaggio have put 25000000 Euro to cover Aprilias debts, so I guess it will go through eventually.

alice
10-05-2004, 03:27 AM
I've been told by my local dealer that the deal is done and that a new warranty/support set up has been put into place in the UK. I've been given a contact name I've not had before to "discuss" the issues they claim are not being actioned as nobody else has voiced concern and attempted a warranty claim:

Decals peeling from the fairing undersides
No back brake - no matter how many times it is bled by me or the dealer
Chain abrading the exhaust - even when the dealer had set it up
Speedo outer housing 'melted' while parked up on a sunny day - they have agreed to replace this under warranty this morning !!
Hole being worn into the RHS lower fairing panel by the small support pin on the exhaust

On this last point - what you'll notice is that on a new bike the support pin is covered by a nice soft rubber bung - well I can tell you that this thing hardens off within a few hundred miles and that is when the problems start, I've got 8500 miles up now and apart from these issues & some panel rubbing at the front nosecone (evidenced by white dust appearing) the bike is fantastic and has stopped using oil....
If anybody has experienced these issues I'd appreciate some feedback to allow me to strengthen my position with the warranty people

grumpyduck
10-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Do you think the melting was caused by the screen concentrating suns rays?

Got any pics of abrasions etc..?

scott2ride
10-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Well I've had the same problems. My lower Fairing sticker is pealing off (As you can see in the pic)
Rear brake and clutch problems (Currently sorted)
I havent checked the fairing rubbing situaton yet, but my Carbon Fibre pannels have multiple chips in them where air bubbles have burst in the clear coat and my blown lower fork seals and leaking upper left fork(Up by the preload) are a pain in the arse!

scott2ride
10-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Oh...that was a biggie eh!:D

vtrandall
10-05-2004, 11:32 PM
I noticed that the little rubber "bung" on the r-side exhaust also hardened and fell off. I wouldn't mind getting a a dozen or so of these to replace when needed.
I don't even want to think what they cost from a dealer.
I was trying to think of a replacement for it. Is it just rubber or is a (not so) heat resistant plastic.

scott2ride
10-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Just use cheap rubber, so long as it wont melt.

You can afford to replace them if you use the cheap stuff.

LARD
10-06-2004, 03:22 AM
try using the dot 5 brake fluid, i was going to mount the brake to the rear set but have heard this sometimes doe's not work and am now thinking of just getting a jap replacement. as for the pin wearing hole through the panel mine is the same

alice
10-06-2004, 03:43 AM
I'll photograph all of the issues and post them.
By the way I spoke to the new warranty guy yesterday and he's having a technician come down to look at the bike - over the phone he commented that anything that is causing the sort of 'rubbing' interference issues I've seen should be covered by warranty.

Do you think the melting was caused by the screen concentrating suns rays? yes I certainly do, and that is their understanding also, I was initially told that a new instrument surround would be ordered but have since been told that this part is not available seperately and a new instrument panel would have to be ordered - which will I have been told put the miles to zero - an idea I don't like at all, bummer

clarkie49
10-06-2004, 08:05 AM
wow, i gotta go and park some bikes in the sun :)

scott2ride
10-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Dont complain about the reset odometer....it will increase the value of your bike at resale time.

I had a Japanese import car I sold and it had the speedo wound back in Japan before it came to NZ. It said 35,000km but I told them it was more like 135,000 km. But no-one cared. To them they were getting a really well priced 35,000 km car. To me I was making a killing on a 135,000 km car!

Go figure.

And think about it. What would you rather buy...a bike that has done 30,000 km and has 30,000 km on the clock. Or a bike that has dome 30,000 km and has 7,000 on the clock. Even if they were the same price the low speedo one will seam more appealing!

mille-ryan
10-06-2004, 06:08 PM
I had the same thing start to happen on my lower stickers on the left, mine was due to fuel overflow .I moved the hose bacl so exits pretty much into the back of the belly pan, and no more probs.Aprilia sis send a new sticker set however, just hadt put em on yet.

alice
10-07-2004, 05:27 AM
hey scott, the theory about the odometer sounds great but it'll look real odd when the purchaser takes a look at the service book !!

HARDCHARGER
10-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by mille-ryan
I had the same thing start to happen on my lower stickers on the left, mine was due to fuel overflow .I moved the hose bacl so exits pretty much into the back of the belly pan, and no more probs.Aprilia sis send a new sticker set however, just hadt put em on yet.

I had the same problem with my sticker.
I put the two overflow hoses in a larger hose that extends 3 inches bleow the belly pan. Cut the end of the larger hole at an angle to create a venturi effect.

Charger

scott2ride
10-07-2004, 06:12 PM
But thbat is the great thing Alice. Even though you can tell them it is a new speedo they wont care. It is "Low Mileage" and thats what counts eh! :D

milleRrrr
10-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Hijacked by Terrorists!!

This Thread has been hijacked!!
:gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :bond: :bond: :bond: :ban:

alice
10-08-2004, 05:05 AM
uhhh ??? you have a problem with that ??
alert person on site stuck in conservative rut :D :D
perhaps this user should be banned for restricting the use of free speech and conversation :D :D
:gunner: :gunner: :gunner: :ban: :ban: :ban:

Dr. Thrillride
10-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Two things to get used to...many hijacked threads and Scotty's horribly large, ugly pics. How about that fund for Scotty's camera? or at least a computer class? Well at least he posts pics...cwalker?? :rolleyes:

Oh yah, there's a third thing to get used to...CC:D

Felix Da Cat
10-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Scotty,

It's definitely your fuel overflow. Mine become like that 1 month after I got it. I spoke to my dealer and that's where it ended - I doubt I'll get a replacement. My hoses now drag on the floor :rolleyes:

My RHS panel is also burnt through with no rubber in place. I'm not even sure when it got lost, probably during a service and I never noticed it.

scott2ride
10-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Thrillride
Two things to get used to...many hijacked threads and Scotty's horribly large, ugly pics. How about that fund for Scotty's camera? or at least a computer class? Well at least he posts pics...cwalker?? :rolleyes:

Oh yah, there's a third thing to get used to...CC:D

It is so 'hard' ....sob sob... everyone complains it is horribly large...sniff sniff;)