PDA

View Full Version : panic !!!

frutsfly
09-29-2004, 09:42 AM
i've been overcome by a sudden stroke of panic. read in a forum for italian bikes somewhere that the rotax engine is a very complicated one (as opposed to tried and true published by some motorcycling magazine that i read, the reason why i chose this bike) which has never stood the test of time. is it really that complicated as far as tuning, servicing and maintaining is concerned. coming from a country where expert advice, service and parts are very scarce i can't help but feel unrested. please offer advice. thanks guys.

Fruit

:(

stevnmd
09-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Huh? I do all my own maintenance on all of my vehicles. The Rotax motor is no more difficult to work on than any other I've dealt with. As far as dependability, I've read many posts from people on this site with TONS of miles on these motors with no problems...

chrisexup
09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Rotax have a reputation for making strong reliable engines, RELAX ! Their motors are used to power microlights, i reckon they don't get more reliable than that!
Chris.

karter18
09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
The reason people and shops say they are complicated is that they are not very familar with them as they do not have them apart very often as they are very reliable. If you are one of the minute few that has to have their motor taken apart make sure you find a shop that has done it before so they know what they are looking at.

I would not worry about it as I have heard that Aprilia is the Honda of aItalian motorcycles.

Donkeyman
10-01-2004, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't be worried about Rotax engines.

As someone mentioned they are used for Microlights and BMW use them on the F650 range, so the pedigree of these engines must be good.

Just make sure you follow the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual and get the bike serviced by someone who knows what he (or she) is doing.