PDA

View Full Version : Frame Sliders

thano
09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know which frame sliders are the best for the 04 RSVR? Also, anyone know if the rear sliders sold here on AF1 extend far enough to protect the pipe? My plan is to buy front and rear sliders.

scott2ride
09-28-2004, 03:43 PM
The R & G sliders are great. But for decent protection you will need the front hi sliders (That come out through the side vents). The side sliders (that come out in front of your anckle) and the rear swing arm sliders.

And nothing will fully protect your pipe unless you dont go riding.

But you can buy Carbon Fibre covers that sit on the corner edge of the pipe.

mossback
09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Woodcraft front sliders and R&G rears.

Had a get off and only cost me 400 US $

Dvus
09-28-2004, 04:29 PM
What sucks is when the bolt of the R&G frame slider comes hurling at you when railing. Not pretty and can devastate a windscreen. Luckily no bike and no one was injured.:D

mossback
09-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Thats when I replaced the front sliders with the Woodcrafts.

That really could have been fricken ugly, glad it did not hit you.

scott2ride
09-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Solve the problem Mossback... don't keep falling off :D

mossback
09-28-2004, 05:38 PM
No the bolt fell off of the front R&G slider. Classic: WTF? Dvus says to me: Hey you dropped an aprilia tool back there...huh? yeah it was gold looked like and aprilia tool, went whizzen by me back there on the road...hmmm I am perplexed. So I notice my frame slider looked bent...I go to give it tug and it comes off in my hand. The damn thing was hanging on by a thread. No pun intended.

Damn bolt fatigued very near the billet piece. Very weird. They had to go. bought the Woodcrafts. FAR and away surperiour to the R&G's. Only the rears remains as there are no alternitives YET for them.

This is the second R&G that has failed under a no load situation.

I fell off at the race track and the sliders did there job to a point.

cwalker
09-30-2004, 05:59 PM
just check the r&g website, they do an absolutely-for-free recall on the r&g 's, admitting there was a problem ( first time ever with r&g products. we've tested ;) them on several occasions on other bikes, and i can honestly say, i've been in the business and racing for a couple of years and i've absolutely never seen stronger stuff!

www.rg-racing.com

thrillaprilla
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, nothing will protect your pipes except anti-gravity, just think of your stock cans as big sliders.
The R&Gs worked great for me, look for some theads on the install back in May, or I can re-post the aproach I used. Swingarm sliders are a must.

blowout
10-04-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by thrillaprilla
Yeah, nothing will protect your pipes except anti-gravity, just think of your stock cans as big sliders.
The R&Gs worked great for me, look for some theads on the install back in May, or I can re-post the aproach I used. Swingarm sliders are a must.
I'd really appreciate it if u could re-post your aproach (never have any luck with searches).

cwalker
10-04-2004, 03:14 PM
i' ve got something really useful on my bike; also an r&g product, just take a look on their website, and click on "can covers".

works great, just mount' em so that the screw doesn't rub on the swingarm when the suspension bottoms out!
grtz,
cwalker

Paul Johnston
06-30-2005, 07:05 AM
just mount' em so that the screw doesn't rub on the swingarm when the suspension bottoms out!

:plus:

Yup, I've got that scar too. They were already fitted to the bike when I got it ( as was the damage )

Word of warning - one of mine melted on to the can a month or so ago. Mine were normal plastic ( not carbon fibre ). With hindsight knowing how hot the standard cans get there ( with the catalytic converter ) it was an accident waiting to happen, but that only became apparent now that summer has arrived bringing with it higher ambient temperatures.

Took the stupid things off now, well apart from the plastic melted to the can :pissed:

Daniel
06-30-2005, 11:33 AM
The R & G sliders are great. But for decent protection you will need the front hi sliders (That come out through the side vents). The side sliders (that come out in front of your anckle) and the rear swing arm sliders.

And nothing will fully protect your pipe unless you dont go riding.

But you can buy Carbon Fibre covers that sit on the corner edge of the pipe.
can the CF side vents be removed so i dun have to drill them?

scott2ride
07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
can the CF side vents be removed so i dun have to drill them?
I imagine you could remove the CF vents, but they are designed to direct the hot air out and away from your legs, so I would keep them. Drilling with a dremmel isnt to bad at all.

h8rain
07-12-2005, 09:11 PM
You can never have too many sliders, I've used them all.

AF1 fitted both the Motovation and R&G's w/Rhinomoto sliders on the front forks and rear swingarm...cheap insurance. :cool:

wood-dude
07-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I had the same bolt failure on my R&G sliders ,luckily it didn't come off on the track and harm/maim someone,my buddy in the pits says,"is that supposed to be hanging at that angle?" :WTF:broke right by the billet bracket ,thanks I didn't realize they were recalling these.P.S. trying to find a Grade 8 12mmx140mm replacement bolt is NOT an easy task ,my friends.