PDA

View Full Version : Minus One Front, Plus Three Rear Sprockets™

Toolbox
09-26-2004, 12:14 PM
I installed them the other day and was terribly excited to try them out. Tonight, I was able to and it makes a world of difference! :)

I love them! I originally ordered a minus one, plus two set but the importer made a mistake and got a 43 tooth rear. What the hell, it can't be all that different but my God it is!

Only problem is that my top speed is now reduced to somewhere along 260kph range. I went on our local Skyway and went all out until the 9,000RPM redline started blinking and was only at about 230kph. I set the rev-limiter to 9,000RPM because I'm still running the engine in. The bike only has about 590 kilometers on it but I plan on getting it up to a thousand real soon so I can finally send it in for its first service interval.

What's the point of this thread... Well, the 15 front tooth and 43 rear tooth sprockets are incredible! I highly recommend them unless you guys are Autobahn riders.

Have a nice day. :)

staynumz
09-26-2004, 03:55 PM
what gear are you now taking for right hand turn on the street? you know, just a basic right hander at a stop light. i find that stock gearing is off for the street. 1st gear is too low and 2nd is too high. with the new gearing are you taking these turns in 2nd now?

zx6racer
09-26-2004, 05:30 PM
16/42 is fine for the street :D

Toolbox
09-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Yes, I'm taking normal right hand turns on second gear now! :)

I love the gearing but like I said, top speed has suffered and it's something that I am not a hundred percent sure that I am willing to make this sacrifice!

alice
09-27-2004, 09:13 AM
guys I'm running mine on a 15/42, found that the top end has been reduced but who cares - it's now the way she gets there that I'm interested in - do your part for the environment and save your front tyre...

Neil

Toolbox
09-27-2004, 10:26 AM
No way am I getting a Suzuki over an Aprilia! :)

I'll try and install the original front 16 tooth sprocket to see if that helps.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)