PDA

View Full Version : Will the REAL Map 2 please stand up?

scott2ride
09-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this one..

I just got the "new" Map 2 done in my bike this morning. They were addiment their Axone had the latest 5.0.2 software, but wouldn’t show me.

But they did show me my tune map, and it is #664583.

Does anyone know if that is the latest or not?

They didn’t know anything about resetting the bypass screws at all. I've now realised that the problen here in NZ is not the Dealers, it is the Distributer. As the distrubuter is not diving the info out the the dealer mechanics or giving them training.

When I insisted the bypass screws needed doing he called the distributor for the info…. and they asked me to wait upstairs. Then apparently he set the bypass screws. But I dont know if it was done correctly.

(Hmmmm… any way to check?)

He said it was still on map 1 and charged me to move to map 2, but I was told previously it had already been changed to map 2 (But with the old Axone version)? All a bit uncertain really!

Any ideas if this tune number is the latest or not?

And Should the Dealer have used an exhaust gas analyzer to properly set the throttle bodies after re-mapping.?

stinky
09-16-2004, 07:16 PM
How's the bike run?

scott2ride
09-16-2004, 07:37 PM
It is hard to tell as all I have done is ride 15 minutes in traffic back home.

But it doesnt seem as good at idle. It was quite smooth before, but seemed a little lumpy this time. But will have to go on a real ride to see, and do some side by side comparisons with a mates bike.

scott2ride
09-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Good idea.

scott2ride
09-16-2004, 07:55 PM
I have the PC3, but cant get the map done for 4-6 weeks.

Should the Dealer have used an exhaust gas analyzer to properly set the throttle bodies after re-mapping.?

hakan_olsson
09-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by scott2ride
I have the PC3, but cant get the map done for 4-6 weeks.

Should the Dealer have used an exhaust gas analyzer to properly set the throttle bodies after re-mapping.?

I was told the exhaust gas analyzer is for the co. And that only affects during idle and is not very important for the running. The cyl ballance is set by reading Axone (pressure values) and perhaps by feel & sound. He showed me, the new real time pressure values from the Axone. When done, he confirmed the idle was very smoth and stable. I thought so to:D

Check my other post

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36729

scott2ride
09-21-2004, 08:55 PM
I checked and the PC3 seems to be communicating with the bike. When I twist the throttle the TP values change.

But Im glad you suggested it, because I discovered that I need to set the Throttle position for my bike...and the PC3 instructions never mentioned doing it. And at 0 throttle it said -2, then at 100% throttle it said 85%. So it wouldnt have been working very well and the bike would have been thinking it was only gettin 85% throttle...I think.

Could that have caused the slack results?