PDA

View Full Version : Need Cams, or, the saga continues

OMRRA#7
09-15-2004, 08:31 PM
So I'm getting ready to stuff the motor back in the bike when I notice, the intake lobes don't line up to each other. So following exchanges with our resident expert, I have come to doubt the integrity of both cams that were in the front cylinder.

short story, I am not going to run any of these cams. I need replacments cams.

Anyone?

clarkie49
09-16-2004, 08:11 AM
wow they actually spun?

well, i am glad you caught it, how many cams do you need?

i will have a look at work and see what i have, i have got a couple of dead motors we bought sitting under a bench

OMRRA#7
09-16-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
wow they actually spun?

well, i am glad you caught it, how many cams do you need?

i will have a look at work and see what i have, i have got a couple of dead motors we bought sitting under a bench

Yeah they did. I'm not sure if it was the cause or the effect of the motor popping.

I want to replace the whole set with 02 or better. I will have to replace at leat both cams on the front cyclnder so since I'm half way there,,,

clarkie49
09-16-2004, 09:07 AM
yeah makes sense, i just checked and i dont have any 02 cams, sorry

Jet City Racer
09-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Bill,
Did the engine let go on a downshift?

If so, it possibly could have been the cams. Happened to me too.

I was scratching my head for almost an hour trying to figure out why i couldn't get the cam timing set during reassembly until for lack of other ideas, I put the rear cams in the front, but then the rear ones wouldn't line up.

Depending on my budget (which isn't looking good) I probably won't be racing next weekend. :(

But if your bike still isn't back together, and since I want to see an Aprilia up front as much as anyone, I might consider letting you run my bike.

If you can win on your slug, you'd destroy the competition on my beast! :eek:

T.I.O.

:plus:

OMRRA#7
09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks Dan.
I really appreciate the offer, but if it's going to be pissing rain like it's projected, I wont ride someone elses ike. Especialy not a stronger one.

It doesn't look good right now. New cams are in the Aprilia warehouse, which is right under Hurricane Ivan. So I wont have them in time.

One of my chief competitors was going to sitout the race because of rain so I had a chance to make this a two horse race. Not now, unless Ken at Evo or Micha at AF1 can come through with a set of intakes and one exaust cam.

Jet City Racer
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Call Bill Himmelsbach @ Blackmans 610-965-9865. He might have them.

Good luck either way.

Micah / AF1 Racing
09-18-2004, 03:53 PM
I have a whole box of cams here...call me, they may not be 2002 spec but still far better than the junk you have now...joking!

OMRRA#7
09-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Micah / AF1 Racing
I have a whole box of cams here...call me, they may not be 2002 spec but still far better than the junk you have now...joking!

Thanks Micha, but I needed them shipped out Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. The race is tomorrow so i have plenty of time to get 02 or better cams now.

I apprecieate your checking though.