PDA

View Full Version : Drop-in filter vs EVO style airkit?

benya
09-13-2004, 09:44 PM
What would be the difference in putting a K&N or EVO filter in the stock airbox vs going the airkit route?

Dr. Thrillride
09-13-2004, 09:58 PM
You need to do a search my friend. Scotty 'dr. airbox' 2ride has written a thesis in here somewhere and is worth reading. Everything you need to know is in his thread. He wrote it about a month ago. Good reading!

Thunder Factory
09-14-2004, 01:57 AM
In simple terms volume, after market filters will be potentially more efficient than the stock paper system at letting air flow, but the air kit increases the volume of the air box and that's what makes the difference.

kwagga
09-14-2004, 07:07 AM
benya,

At the end of the day all mods are about horse power!!!! Simple as that. Now all you need to do is ask yourself why do you need more ???? Ö and more importantly what possible effects can these actions have?

Well here is my theory, if you get paid by someone to compete and need more power, then do all the mods you can, especially against inline fours. Here you donít care, the bike gets rebuild/serviced every once and a while. However Ö

If you use the bike as 90% of the members here do, MY opinion would be; fit an aftermarket filter only. Why take a change that maybe something does get into the motor. At the end of the day you are going to pay for it. This brings me to the next question, how many dealers (and the factory for that matter) will honor the warranty if something goes wrong with this peace of equipment fitted?

You want horse power and no problems, fork out the money and buy a full exhaust system (any make will do, they all make power), fit high flow air filter and a power commander. Then learn to REALLY ride the bike; then if you still need power, by a ZX10.

Everybody wants more power but few can push these machines to 60% of the capabilities, especially the Factory.

Hope this helps.

kwagga
09-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Fasttt,

Good to see you are back!!! You look and sound a lot more relaxed .... did you have a "joint" or two. I know i am after one :D