PDA

View Full Version : Factory oscillation mid corner

mcskeeto
09-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I got my new 2004 factory 2 weeks ago and love it. I was wondering if someone could help me sort out a peculiar oscillation my bike has. There is a set of two tight right angle twisties close to my house. They are marked at 20 MPH corners. I generally can go around them at about 40-45 MPH. I notice latley on the factory, that mid corner if I try to increase the lean angle, the bike sets up in a strange type of front wheel oscillation. It's nothing that affects the line it's holding but is disconcerting none the less. I was wondering if it is something I'm doing (IE- gripping the handlebars too tight) or if it sounds like a bike issue- suspension not adjusted correctly, bad suspension parts, underinflated tires?

I would appreciate any help.

radduc
09-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Are you smoth on the throttle???Did you grab any brake???If no to both questions suspention might be too soft.

scott2ride
09-12-2004, 11:34 PM
If you havent made any changes to the suspension since the last times you went around those corners, then I think you'll find it is either the tire pressures, or the tire is getting worn and has a different profile to it now. It may be cupping a little in the front.

If so, your tire pressures may have been wrong for a while. So get your guage checked for accuracy.