PDA

View Full Version : Where is the oil filter located on the engine for the 04 RSVR?

AldnEnrqz
09-12-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm going to change my oil soon and I need to know where the oil filter is located? I also need to know what is the best synthetic oil for the 20044 RSVR?

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHE LPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHE LPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHE LPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHE LPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDBUL
09-12-2004, 09:51 AM
The oil fillter is on the left side of the bike . It is inside the bike. Look by the rear brake, you will see a cap like fitting with two screws on either side. Remove the screws and the filtter will be exposed. I used the agip fully synthetic oil on my last oil change. I have no pics to send but I hope that this will help.:peace:

AldnEnrqz
09-12-2004, 10:01 AM
THANX FOR THE PIC? NOW I KNOW WHERE IT IS?

HOW MANY QUARTS OF OIL DO I NEED? SORRY TO ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS?

CharlieP
09-12-2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.geocities.com/sl_mille/oil.html

link to details on oil change for dry sump mille

Thunder Factory
09-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by AldnEnrqz
THANX FOR THE PIC? NOW I KNOW WHERE IT IS?

HOW MANY QUARTS OF OIL DO I NEED? SORRY TO ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS?

A complete oil and filter change should reuire 3.9 litres of oil, as far as which oil I personally do not use full synthetic in the bike or in my previous Aprilia. I stick to using recommended semi sythnthetic,.

Dr. Thrillride
09-12-2004, 01:01 PM
If you're changing the filter it may take more than 3.9, but don't overfill it. Fill it to the lower level of the sight glass, run the engine for a bit to get the oil into the oil filter chamber, then adjust, but don't fill it to the full fill line in the sight glass. Do a search and check out the posts on the bulge in the oil reservoir tank and seams splitting on the reservoir tank. Jury's still out on exactly why it happens, but read and you shall be enlightened. I change my oil after every track day or race and keep a very close eye on the bulge in my tank. Don't forget the little magnet to the rear of the oil filter. You should also take that out and wipe it off. It's a flat 6mm or so hex screw. :)

Chicago
09-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Does anyone have any pics of the oil drain plug? Where is that?

Thunder Factory
09-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Chicago
Does anyone have any pics of the oil drain plug? Where is that?

This is on a Falco, but loacations are the same.

http://www.geocities.com/sl_mille/images/drainplug.jpg

cman6453
09-12-2004, 03:19 PM
That Falco tank looks alot more solid than the 04 Mille's tank. Hmmmm....interchangable?

Dr. Thrillride
09-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by cman6453
That Falco tank looks alot more solid than the 04 Mille's tank. Hmmmm....interchangable?

I don't think your fairing will go on with that monster installed. The falco tank is thicker because it's bare to the world.;)

AldnEnrqz
09-23-2004, 10:03 AM
What is the purpose for the second drain plug? Does oil come of tht too?

john in sweden
09-23-2004, 12:27 PM
2 reasons,, the magnet and the finally draining of oil,,,
and dont forget to loose the "oil tank Screen" u have to clean that 2 sometimes.
cheers,,,,,, John in sweden.

Originally posted by AldnEnrqz
What is the purpose for the second drain plug? Does oil come of tht too?