PDA

View Full Version : Oct 15-17: Aprilia Fall Foliage Ride In (harrisburg, Pa)

team222
09-09-2004, 08:35 AM
OCT 15-17: APRILIA FALL FOLIAGE RIDE IN (HARRISBURG, PA)

just a few things to note so everyone can start making plans. hotel location will be announced in the next post

just some of our plans

1. wonderful sport and tour rides in the seldom traveled scenic mountain roads and through some historic civil war areas

2. tour of our aprilia dealership

3. neat give away items from aprilia and our dealer

4. discounts on items bought at the shop during our visit

5. possible seminar by their factory aprilia race mechanic

6. super group eats....and lots more.

more details will follow in a week or two. hope to see you then

best

mike

stevnmd
09-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great time... And, I'm pretty close by! Count me in. :)

team222
09-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by stevnmd
Wow, that sounds like a great time... And, I'm pretty close by! Count me in. :)

stevnmd

based on your flash on your post .........do you want to bring some stuff or catalogs along if you are affilidated with squids

u dont have to ......just an idea

let me know and hope to see you then

mike

morphine
09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
If I can swing it with work, I'll be coming from Cincinnati, OH
Anyone want to ride out together?

TRexRacing
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Damn,I may have bought my Tuono from you!Sounds like a good time.I'll see if I can make it.

team222
09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by morphine
If I can swing it with work, I'll be coming from Cincinnati, OH
Anyone want to ride out together?

>>.

i posted this to all the diff aprilia model lines here.

if someone is on the way from cincinnati on one of the other lines i will hook you up with them

see you there and in next couple of weeks we will have full agenda/times by day and finalize the hotel out of the three or so we are looking at

mike

team222
09-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TRexRacing
Damn,I may have bought my Tuono from you!Sounds like a good time.I'll see if I can make it.

TRexRacing

not me but sounds like your bike might have be purchased from our aprilia dealer in harrisburg

you will have a great time...........count on it

mike

TRexRacing
09-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by team222
TRexRacing

not me but sounds like your bike might have be purchased from our aprilia dealer in harrisburg

you will have a great time...........count on it

mike

Motosports in Mechanicsburg.

stevnmd
09-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by team222
stevnmd

based on your flash on your post .........do you want to bring some stuff or catalogs along if you are affilidated with squids

u dont have to ......just an idea

let me know and hope to see you then

mike

I'm not sure what you mean. :) Would you like for me to bring some information about my site in case squids show up to ride? I don't want them on my site. :D I can bring some business cards with the site's address on it for the non-squids though...

Trickle X
09-12-2004, 11:54 AM
I will try to make it.......

team222
09-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by stevnmd
I'm not sure what you mean. :) Would you like for me to bring some information about my site in case squids show up to ride? I don't want them on my site. :D I can bring some business cards with the site's address on it for the non-squids though...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i didnt say that right....

it should have said "bring some stuff along if you want to promote your products per your web page. you got some neat things on the page ....we will have some riders at the ride in that should want to know

you do what you want on promo/bus cards, whatever. the point is i welcome you to bring stuff or cards along for attendees

sorry for misstating things

mike

team222
09-24-2004, 09:28 AM
4th ANNUAL PENNSYLVANIA FALL FOLIAGE RIDE IN
October 15-17 Clarion Hotel 1700 Carlisle Pike Carlisle, PA 17013

H O T E L
Clarion Hotel www.clarioncarlisle.com Call 800-692-7315 to book your reservation. Ask for “Motorcycle Fall Foliage Ride In” Group Rates to get the special $69.95 double occupancy.

The normal Clarion rates are $90+ and these get bumped up to $120+ for the Carlisle car shows so our group rate of $69.95 was the best I could do….and this Clarion is no Super 8….count on that. VIP: Limited rooms, so please reserve early to preserve this low rate and your discount. You can cancel with 24 hours notice so there is no risk.

The Clarion features: indoor pool, pool tables, bar and great food. See this link for more details www.clarioncarlisle.com Our rooms will be at the end of one of the wings. The Clarion does offer cotts at an extra cost. We will have reserved parking for the bikes.

For those that want to split a room, post it on this line, and also tell the Clarion when you make your reservation that you want to split a room so they can hook you up with others wanting the same thing

Help or problems during your reservation process: Ask for Doris Nugent at x183

Statements of the Obvious: No bikes in the rooms (this happened at a Goldwing rally there), don’t use new towels in the rooms to clean your bike (they will supply old cut up towels for this), no burnouts/revving of engines or wheelies at the hotel…….basically, save all your fun for the rides.

DIRECTIONS TO HOTEL: http://www.clarioncarlisle.com/mapanddirections.asp

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A G E N D A

F R I D A Y

4:00pm or so. Late Afternoon ride leaving Clarion

7:00pm Group Eats: Let’s meet at our reserved parking area at the Clarion to discuss if we want to eat at the Clarion or other options I will tell you about. If it is raining let’s meet at the hotel lobby.

S A T U R D A Y

10:00am Meet at www.imotosports.com (6653 Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg, PA 17050) They sell Honda, BMW and Aprilia.. Motosports is going all out for this so please thank Chris Cuomo (Owner) and any of the staff that are a help to your during our visit if you enjoyed this part of the Fall Foliage Ride In.

For those riding in Saturday morning, meet us at Motosports at 10:00 am to catch the give aways and other neat things planned….. or………you can arrive at 11:30am to make and still make the rides which will be departing the Motosports Shop.

DIRECTIONS TO MOTOSPORTS SHOP: Use Clarion Hotel Directions above and continue past the hotel north for 3 miles or so ---- or ---- use the directons on the Motosports WWW site ---- or ---- open this in your browser http://www.imotosports.com/map_hour...I25I02JAMQ357R0

MOTOSPORTS AGENDA:

1. Tour of shop by Owner Chris Cuomo

2. Motosports Drawings
a. Aprilia Banner 3’ x6’ Banner (Provided by Aprilia)
b. Aprilia 30’ Pennant String (Provided by Aprilia)
c. 3 Winners: 1/3 off any accessory bought or ordered during shop visit
d. Free oil change Saturday morning for the person riding the longest distance to get to the Fall Foliage Ride In
e. Joe English (factory trained Honda and Aprilia mechanic, who also wrenched Motosports road race bikes, will be taking questions from everyone.

3. Test Rides: Aprilia Mille R, Aprilia Futura. There are no Honda or BMW demo bikes available effective 09/23/2204….however this might change by October 15. Demo rides can be taken Friday or Saturday but have to be pre-arranged through Motosports owner Chris Cuomo . Call him at 717-766-2523.

SATURDAY RIDES WILL DEPART FROM THE MOTOSPORTS SHOP (Less traveled roads in the mountains here with lots of twisties and wonderful scenery)

11:30am; Sport ride departs. Group Leader for those that want this. Maps will be provided for those that want to go it alone or with friends.

Noon: Tour Rides depart. Group Leader for those that want this. Maps will be provided for those that want to go it alone or with friends.

SAT NIGHT EATS
7:30pm at Clarion: Ask at the hotel registration for our Group eating area. This will be off the menu so everyone will be able to get exactly what they want, but the serve time will be increased to 30 minutes to allow the chefs to prepared all the meals at the same time. I am sure we will have plenty to talk about to occupy this time.

SAT AFTER EATS FUN
8:30pm or so: Motorsports will provide a van to transport Fall Foliage Ride In Attendees to Harrisburgs to the new eating places and hot spots night spots near the river downtown. People are now coming here from DC, Baltimore and Philly for weekend fun. If this is not of interest count on lots of parking lot talking and fun.

Post your questions or suggestions on this Board. I will be out the week of Sept 25th but will try to respond during this period.

Best

Mike