PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen '05 Tuono pic?

chris cothron
09-08-2004, 08:53 PM
I saw a computer generated image of the '05 Tuono in a magazine article a friend had. Aprilia had not settled on the design at the time of the article, but said that for '05 the Tuono will have the tank, seat, and rear fairing of the Mille. Unsure on color schemes and it did look as if the front fairing had been changed slightly. Does anyone have any more pics of the new design and has anyone heard what, if any engine modifications are being made?

Ricky J
09-09-2004, 07:35 AM
We haven't seen anything other than what you saw. The major motorcycle shows start in Europe this week so let's see!

GregBenner
09-14-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Ricky J
We haven't seen anything other than what you saw. The major motorcycle shows start in Europe this week so let's see!

I'm leaving Wed. for Munich (Intermot). Will post pics if i can.

greg

pan
09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
well, aprilia presented their '05 models and pretty much everyone i know including myself is disappointed with the lack of new models (especially a new tuono) in their lineup. I wanted to upgrade to a new tuono, now i will probably look elsewhere...

guised
09-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by pan
well, aprilia presented their '05 models and pretty much everyone i know including myself is disappointed with the lack of new models (especially a new tuono) in their lineup. I wanted to upgrade to a new tuono, now i will probably look elsewhere...

Not altogether surprising since they've only just survived going bust. Maybe next year.

Dan

Donkeyman
09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
I agree. Given all the financial woes, this wasn' t the year to expect many updates. To be frank, the existing Tuono is so good I'm not sure if an upgrade was really necessary.

008man
09-14-2004, 01:23 PM
I agree with Donkeyman. Why upgrade? This bike is perfect the way it is. Dial in the suspension to your liking, do some mods like exhaust and airbox/chip and you have all you really need for the street. Well maybe the only area I see needing an upgrade, would be in the wind protection dept. A new, larger , possibly frame mounted half fairing would be nice. I get pushed around A LOT at speeds over 80mph, and being an old guy, it really tires me out. That is one of the things i miss about my FZ1. Great wind protection at speed.

Manu
09-15-2004, 01:02 AM
The "old" twin spark engine is probably better suited to the Tuono than the new one. Same for the chassis , the higher sitting is a better fit to the supermoto spirit....;)

pan
09-15-2004, 06:37 AM
the tuono more than anyhting needs an aesthetic upgrade and i am not referring to colors. sure the bike is great, engine, brakes, chassis, etc. I do not care about the new mille engine or the radial brakes, although they would be nice. I care about its own identity, new tail, undertail exhausts, new front...

I like to change my bike every couple of years, and now there does not seem to be a better bike out there...the brutale and the S4R look better IMO but are less bikes overall

Manu
09-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Pan

Why do you think I bought the exact same Tuono after I lost the first one ?
;)

clarkie49
09-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Aprilia has a 3 year cycle with its bikes with minor upgrades along the way, expect a new Tuono in 2006 :)

EastBay
09-16-2004, 04:21 AM
Yeah, definitely an '06. I'll be first in line around here. I should have around 25,000 miles on my '04 by then.

Just bought it and have 2,500 miles on it already. Best bike I've ever had... I say that every time I get a new bike.

EastBay

Scary
09-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Ditto EastBay... problem is mine just ticked over 27,196 Km's today so it's going to be pretty warn out by '06. :eek: :)

twin4me
09-16-2004, 08:02 AM
My dealer recently went on a trip to view the new bikes and he was being very coy. I got the impression that they were going to change the tail section and graphics but that was it...he wouldn't really say much about it but when I pointed those things he muttered something about it being revised.

pan
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
well, the tuono (as a concept at least) has been out for three years now, remember the special edition tuono R (which then evolved into the tuono racing and currently the tuono factory) with all the expensive components - ohlins & carbon staff? the R came out in 2002 and has done a 3-year cycle by now.

they could at least update that and prepare the ground for the standard tuono...

clarkie49
09-16-2004, 12:38 PM
the original Tuono R was an early release 2003 model here in teh US ;)

Chris S
09-16-2004, 01:40 PM
One of the things that attracted me to the Tuono was that it seems like it will be a relatively timeless bike, unlike the planned “obsolescence” of Japanese sport bikes. About all I’d really ask for is more modern looking clocks, but that wouldn’t be enough to make me trade it in. Don’t want underseat exhausts, no need for heated seats in TX and I prefer the trunk space. I can’t think of any competition I’d rather have, so IMO significant updates would prob. be a waste of precious resources.

Andrew
09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Just my two cents. In 30 years, people will remember the Tuono. Kind of in the same way that everyone still knows what a V-max is. The bike may not appeal to everyone, but it will go down as an important bike of its time. And go down as a "wicked" bike of its time.

Scot p
09-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Manu
The "old" twin spark engine is probably better suited to the Tuono than the new one. Same for the chassis , the higher sitting is a better fit to the supermoto spirit....;)

Or as I call my Tuono, the MegaMoto...

cya
Scot.

JoeJoe
09-19-2004, 11:03 PM
My new racing. Fork sliders from Millepede, white frame sliders to black. Lot's of work to do, but she is home.

Looking for luggage and a reasonably quiet dual pipe system, carbon preferred. Any suggestions??

Scary
09-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Awsome JoeJoe !!!!! I'm sooooo Green with envy, Have fun mate.:( :) :D