PDA

View Full Version : SR suspension settings on Tuono part II

karter18
09-05-2004, 06:43 PM
OK, I am looking for more help on the suspension stuff. I ran into a guy with a RSV1000 and he told me that I had five lines showing when I thought it was four? does the top line count where the top of the fork tube meets the red anodized cap? Hopefully I can attach a clear enought photo so someone can tell me if I have four or five lines showing?

Scary
09-05-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm running the same as U have pictured there ( on the street ), I myself don't count the join line but some do. This setting is a very quick/easy turn into corners & depending on your experience/likes, it can be a little tooo lively for some on the street. 3 - 3 1/2 lines has a little more progressive a feel to it. I can't help much with the other settings for U as I've changed my oil volume to get what I needed, & I don't want to start getting into that as it can confuse things. Also tyre profile makes this setting even faster, like 207rr's & power's being more pointy as apposed to Diablo's ( on mine now ) that seem to be a more rounded profile & slower turn in. So you need to think about the tyres U have on too. Hope this is a little help. :)

Ps.... I have an extra 1 1/2 lines showing on my pre - load as compared to U, but that's to do with your weight to rider sag setting. they are bound to be different.

Pps...when running the trees this low remember to make sure you have enough clearance between the bottom fairing mount screw & the top of the guard, or you'll get the little "W" dent in the paint.:(

Manu
09-06-2004, 02:23 AM
My understanding is that you have 4 lines showing at the clamp and almost 3 at the preload adjuster.

My personnal settings are 2 lines showing at the clamp (stock setting) and 5 1/2 lines showing at the preload adjuster.

Are you sure you get enough front sag with only 3 lines at the ajuster....

TRexRacing
09-06-2004, 07:44 AM
or you'll get the little "W" dent in the paint

Yep I found that one yesterday when washing the bike.DAMMIT!!!BTW it looks like 4 lines to me.

karter18
09-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Manu
My understanding is that you have 4 lines showing at the clamp and almost 3 at the preload adjuster.

My personnal settings are 2 lines showing at the clamp (stock setting) and 5 1/2 lines showing at the preload adjuster.

Are you sure you get enough front sag with only 3 lines at the ajuster....

This is what Sport rider says to do? I have not measured sag yet as the bike felt too harsh so I wanted to go with their settings to see how the bike was as they know more than I and some on here have said thier settings were an improvement.

Scary
09-06-2004, 05:43 PM
TRexRacing....Sorry I was a bit late with the warning mate, it's been said before ( it's prob. a year ago now) but I'll post it again in case, if U loosen the two bolts that hold the head light/fairing cluster to the steering neck (frame) & lift/hold it all up & re-torque the the two bolts U should be right. There's a fair bit of play there. Just remember to re-adjust your head lights height setting afterwards.;)

Ps...some Tuono's come with the little "W" standard from the dealer.:D :D :D

TRexRacing
09-06-2004, 07:08 PM
's allright.Shouldn't be wheelstanding my brand new $12,000 motorcycle anyway!Just a good reason to buy a CF front fender.Sheeit bike's only 2 months old and got 5,000 miles on it already.Just cannot stop riding the damn thing! :D

Manu
09-07-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Scary
y
Ps...some Tuono's come with the little "W" standard from the dealer.:D :D :D

The first one I bought did, the second one did not....