PDA

View Full Version : Compression adjustment knob/screw

Johnytuono
08-29-2004, 10:35 AM
...im just checking the suspension is set back to factory spec......the compression adjustment knob/screw is 12 clicks back from closed according to the manual......trouble is i cant hear any clicks, can anybody please tell me how many turns it is ?
Ta
John

chrisexup
08-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Your Showa forks don't have clicks on the fork rebound or compression damping adjusters. It's the Ohlins fork damping adjusters that click, the Showas are stepless - are you reading the page in the manual that deals with the Tuono Racing?
Chris.

Johnytuono
08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by chrisexup
Your Showa forks don't have clicks on the fork rebound or compression damping adjusters. It's the Ohlins fork damping adjusters that click, the Showas are stepless - are you reading the page in the manual that deals with the Tuono Racing?
Chris.
Hi
yep i know the front ones dont (the manual actually states it in turns)....sorry my mistake, im talkin bout the rear adjuster and in the manual it def says 12 clicks back altho the Sachs rear is stepless too
John

chrisexup
08-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Sorry mate, my mistake. You didn't specify front or back, i spent Saturday messing with my forks so i've obviously got 'em on the brain....
I can't help with the Sachs shock i'm afraid, 'cos i've swapped mine for an Ohlins, but i remember i could easily FEEL the "clicks" as the compression adjuster was turned, about every 5-10 degrees?
Chris.

Andrew
08-30-2004, 11:21 AM
The Sach's clicks. I do not know what is wrong with yours.

Johnytuono
08-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
The Sach's clicks. I do not know what is wrong with yours.
Hi
ok so can u tell me roughly how many turns of the screw is 12 clicks back then?
Ta
John

Andrew
08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
I will try tonight.

stevnmd
08-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Are you sure the '04 clicks? When setting up the suspension on mine, I remember thinking the same thing, "Hmm, clicks? There AREN'T any clicks with this adjuster. Must have changed the shock slightly from last year..."

So, I ignored the baseline setting provided by the magazines and just set it up the good old fashioned way, by sag and feel...

Andrew
08-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Johnytuono, sorry, I got home with a headache and just plain forgot to count clicks. Seeing as my brain is set to clear after working, isn't there somebody out there that knows this answer?