PDA

View Full Version : Tuono crash damaged

rsvandy
08-28-2004, 04:37 AM
Dosey DHL van driver recently reversed into my stationary Tuono and knocked the bike over onto its exhaust side - damage 2400!

Question's are - 1) the gold swingarm was hit by the inside of the exhaust pipe and took some paint off (1.5cm x 1cm). The repairer has it approved for a respray of this but I'm concerned that a total match won't be good enough and maybe just a touch up would be best especially as its behind the link pipe? So much for the plastic swingarm healguard doing this job!

2) is the bellypan - have it approved for a new one, and prefer the look of the 2004 version (with Aprila graphics etc) - are the other colours used the same as the 2003? Anyone changed these over - how does it look?

3) Carbon healguards - going to go for these instead of the standard stainless fitmet, anyone fitted? is the carbon as per the official hugger etc or is it a carbon/kevlar mix. like whats fitted to the R - Aprilia's website is pretty poor identifying.

4) New exhaust option - been offered a Akrapovic (E marked/removeable baffle) with FP chip in place of a barely marked standard exhaust. Anyone know the true cost of the standard Aprilia pipe? - as it was quoted to me at 923!!!!

Cheers. all comments appreciated.

Tripdog
08-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I think you can get a standard exhaust can very reasonably right here on the forum by just putting out a request. I will bet 80% of the guys and gals on the Mille/Tuono forums have a stocker sitting in the garage. I have one, but shipping to the UK would be pretty pricey.
Trip

Badger222
08-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I have just had similar damage due to a dickhead van driver. He hit the side of the can which in turn knocked it into the swing arm causing a very small dent and also twisted the tail end sub-frame, the assessment came to: New can = 933.00, New swingarm about 1500, Plus tail end sub-frame 300 ish(Pounds) I certainly would'nt like to buy all the parts and build my own bike, it would probably cost about 40 grand:eek:

fastfrank
08-31-2004, 09:43 AM
will the repairer allow you to have the duff parts back after they've been replaced? If so, you could flog them on e-bay and make a minter!

chris cothron
08-31-2004, 09:43 PM
I too, have a scratched swingarm caused from the pipe being jammed into it. Apparently you can not purchase any type of touch up paint from Aprilia and I am concerned about getting a quality match from anyone else. Let me know if you have your's painted. I am interested to see how it matches.

I do have a stock pipe that I took off my bike last year that I need to get rid of. It has less than 2,000 miles and looks like new. I can send pics if you are interested. I do not know what a new pipe from Aprilia costs, but I would take $100 US for this one. You can PM me at the address below.

chris_cothron@yahoo.com