PDA

View Full Version : Anyone headed to the Overland Expo May 17th in Flagstaff?

Wblewzman
05-06-2019, 10:54 AM
https://www.overlandexpo.com/

I will be arriving on Friday. Going to camp, leave on Monday, and head North to Page, AZ. Wanna see Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. If anyone else shows up, we have ourselves and official Rally.

Wblewzman
05-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Looks like I will be the U.S. representative for the 2002-07 Caponord. I will represent.

Wblewzman
05-21-2019, 01:52 PM
All I got to say is you missed out on a great time. I was the only Aprilia there. Won a T Shirt for that. I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to look at and purchase. Anything related to living off the grid or camping. Million dollar 6 wheel drive Campers. Trailers, Rooftop tents, Jeep, Land Rover, Land Cruiser, Suspension, Motorcycle, Test rides, training classes for adventure bikes. On and On. More KTM 1290 R's than you could shake a stick at. I won a nice adventure camping chair that packs down to 12 inches. Bought a Stuff Sack and Antigravity jumper pack that also charges phones and computers. Good Food, Good Whiskey, and nice camping and a great crowd. I was there for 2 1/2 days and did not see all the vendors. To much to take in. Threat of snow and rain ran us off Sunday and we took the back roads home. Ended up doing the Apachee Trail from Roosevelt to my house. My bike ran like a sewing machine to whole time out and no one knew what it was when they saw it. Glad I was not on a KTM. The Caponord stood out. Even the Aprilia dealer on site didn't know what it was. Photos will follow. Got to get them smaller and organized. Great Event. You should check it out on YouTube. Next one in Arlington Virginia in October 19. This is the tenth anniversary. Adventure Bike Riding classes and Motorcycle themed events fill up quickly. I will attend again for sure.

AndyB
05-21-2019, 04:38 PM
Well done.
Nice to be different.
Arlington is a long way for you. Especially in October.