PDA

View Full Version : Drastically fluctuating revs at idle

Regnig
04-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Hi gents,

First post, (will introduce myself shortly after this...)

Has anyone had the issue of idle revs dropping massively from 1500rpm to about 700rpm and then increasing again?
Doesn't seem to matter if its a cold start or not.

I'm currently running the SC project CRT slip on, with stock ECU (awaiting race ECU within the next week). I originally thought this might be causing it, but I don't recall my last V4 doing this. Bikes only got 300 miles on it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Lee Tracey
04-17-2019, 09:03 AM
No. It idles pretty much at a flat 1500rpm... '16 RF

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ant918
04-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Oddly enough I was thinking about making a post regarding this issue. I recently fitted the exact same exhaust on my ‘18 RR and flashed the stock ecu with OFT stage 2, I’ll be at red lights and the idle with fluctuate ALOT, to the point where it almost feels like the bike is gonna stall.

Handy Rodder
04-17-2019, 09:11 PM
Simple... put the OEM pipe back on and see what it does. Shouldn't be running that pipe without race map but im SURE u already know that haha

Ant918
04-18-2019, 09:06 AM
Simple... put the OEM pipe back on and see what it does. Shouldn't be running that pipe without race map but im SURE u already know that haha

Have Shivs OFT stage 2 map flashed and it still happens, any ideas?

wspawn
04-20-2019, 03:24 AM
have you checked the ECU for any error codes?

michaelrc51
04-20-2019, 03:12 PM
Have Shivs OFT stage 2 map flashed and it still happens, any ideas?

Check to see if and what codes you're getting.

Did you have the airbag off, possible you crushed one of the MAP sensor lines?

Ant918
04-23-2019, 06:01 AM
Check to see if and what codes you're getting.

Did you have the airbag off, possible you crushed one of the MAP sensor lines?

i spoke to Ed from AF1 racing and he suggested I try flashing back the race map as these bikes don’t like the short slip ones too much. Bike now idles perfectly fine, throttle response feels better, and the quick shifter seems snappier too. Overall I’m happy with just keeping the race map on, I’m not looking to make peak power but just have a healthy bike.

pauldayona
04-23-2019, 02:24 PM
I suppose the exhaust is to short, so oxygen comes in from the back and deregulates the lambda. The racemap does not listen to the lambda sensors so there is the problem solved. You have now less power and more noise.