PDA

View Full Version : Rsv4 fw-sbk or rsv4 1100

Jab001
04-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Seems to me like getting the new rsv4 1100 would be a much beeter deal than getting a fw upgrade to the sbk level....i think its fw kit 3.....the rsv4 has lighter wheels updated electronics 217hp winglets a light weight battery all for around 25k.....hell of a deal. What do you guys think.

flobrandx
04-09-2019, 08:33 PM
It all depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. For a pure race bike with no expense spared then go with FW-SBK. If you just want a track/race bike at a reasonable cost then build your own using the Factory.

Both use the same wheels unless they add the magnesium Marchisini in the FW-SBK. The SBK uses APX electronics and will be way beyond the stock Factory bike. You’ll need to purchase the software and get trained on how to use it. Again what is your goal and budget?

Jab001
04-09-2019, 09:12 PM
Well i mean the fw sbk package is like 35k on top of buying the bike so another 18k for the rr....thats over 50k....the rsv4 1100 is pretty close to the sbk version but at almost half the price....

flobrandx
04-10-2019, 01:14 AM
There are some big differences... SBK engine is hand built, APX electronics, data recording, Corse ECU, full Akra exhaust system. Looks like SBK is $45k as a complete bike.

https://factoryworks.aprilia.com/en-GB/full-bike/rsv4-1000-fw-sbk-2019

To turn a street bike to race bike can be up to $8k without labor depending on parts selection plus cost of the bike.

What are you doing with the bike? Are you just street riding or street/track or track/race? What your doing with it should help decide the best bike for you.

Turder
04-10-2019, 01:48 AM
If you need to race and comply with the rules, then get a 1000cc version. If just for track days and fun, or occasional club race with no displacement rules, then get the 1100cc version. Spare cash buys you better wheels, suspension, exhaust, brakes, carbon parts etc. and it's still cheaper than SBK version. But do you really need to do those mods on a stock 1100? Possibly in stock form will deliver more than 99% of riders can exploit.

flobrandx
04-10-2019, 10:12 AM
And if you don’t fully understand all the differences between the SBK and the Factory 1100 then you probably don’t need the SBK...