PDA

View Full Version : 2017/18 RSV4 Lightech Chain Adjuster Fitment

kozumasbullitt
04-03-2019, 09:46 PM
I purchased and installed a set of Lightech chain adjusters on my 2017 RSV4 and think I may have a fitment issue. The sprocket side adjuster fits well but the other side seems to be off. On the brake side adjuster, the rear tension clamp is slightly angled as if it needs a spacer or washers.

kozumasbullitt
04-03-2019, 09:47 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/287oh8o.jpg

kozumasbullitt
04-03-2019, 09:54 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2lutb8n.jpg

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Are you speaking of the bracket APPEARS to bend/warp a little bit inward toward the rear wheel?

I have the same adjusters on my 17 RF and comparing the two they appear to be the same.

Possibly the bend/warp is an optical illusion?

Can you post a side view pic?

Worst case, take it off and lay it flat on a table and see if there is any warpage.

I don't recall any spacers when i installed mine.

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Here are a couple of pics I had laying around of mine:

kcfcycle
04-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Have you tried putting the wheel in and torquing down the axle? That little bend shouldn't affect the adjustment and once the axle is tight I bet it cinches up.

kozumasbullitt
04-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Have you tried putting the wheel in and torquing down the axle? That little bend shouldn't affect the adjustment and once the axle is tight I bet it cinches up.

Yeah, that picture is with it all put together. The back bracket definitely is under stress but not enough to snap it. The adjustments work fine, I am just a bit perplexed why the bracket is not a flush fit.

kozumasbullitt
04-04-2019, 01:59 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2ld7eqo.jpg

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that picture is with it all put together. The back bracket definitely is under stress but not enough to snap it. The adjustments work fine, I am just a bit perplexed why the bracket is not a flush fit.

It might actually be possible something is just out of spec.

If you are that worried i'd pull the brackets and lay them on a flat surface.

I will say that Light Tech has great customer service should you actually have any issues. just make sure to have your receipt.

let us know what you decide.

kozumasbullitt
04-04-2019, 02:02 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/aemn0x.jpg

kozumasbullitt
04-04-2019, 02:03 PM
It might actually be possible something is just out of spec.

If you are that worried i'd pull the brackets and lay them on a flat surface.

I will say that Light Tech has great customer service should you actually have any issues. just make sure to have your receipt.

let us know what you decide.

I am already working with AF1 but wanted to see if other's brackets were the same but I will play it safe and not button it up and ride until resolved.

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Best as I can tell from the pic everything looks fine.

If the "clickers" work fine then I'd say you should be good to go.

Worst case scenario, the bracket cracks, your axle isn't going to move because you have it torqued down.

JMHO.

Keep us posted and good luck.

michaelrc51
04-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Did you use the shims that come with the adjusters?
They are made to fit under those aluminum "clamps"

EDIT---I just looked at the 16-18 Lightech adjusters I have that are NIB and the shims aren't there, but the bottom of the box was open. Anyway, the 09-15 ones I had came with spacers to do under those blocks which would help with your problem.

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Did you use the shims that come with the adjusters?
They are made to fit under those aluminum "clamps"

EDIT---I just looked at the 16-18 Lightech adjusters I have that are NIB and the shims aren't there, but the bottom of the box was open. Anyway, the 09-15 ones I had came with spacers to do under those blocks which would help with your problem.

Mine didn't come with any shims.

Also, no shims used in any of the install videos available.

michaelrc51
04-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Mine didn't come with any shims.

Also, no shims used in any of the install videos available.

I’ll find them in my mess of a shop this weekend. I remember them cause I installed everything then I noticed them. I did buy the whole QC kit through Fast Frank, maybe he includes them with his kit, IDK. But I know they were there. They’re like .5mm thick and match those “clamps”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 09:39 PM
curiouser and curiouser

flobrandx
04-05-2019, 12:58 AM
Yeah my 09-15 versions came with shims as well. Weird why they stopped including them as it looks like they are needed unless Lightech has decided it doesn’t matter if they flex.

michaelrc51
04-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Yeah my 09-15 versions came with shims as well. Weird why they stopped including them as it looks like they are needed unless Lightech has decided it doesn’t matter if they flex.

I knew they were there!

Yeah, not sure why these 16-18 ones don’t have them. But the bottom of the box was open as well so they could’ve been in there.

kozumasbullitt
04-05-2019, 09:26 AM

Are the shims matched to the block or are they round washers? I am considering getting some small washers to act as spacers.

flobrandx
04-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Are the shims matched to the block or are they round washers? I am considering getting some small washers to act as spacers.
They are matched to the shape of the block but I’m sure washers would work fine. I’ll look for them and post up a pic.

CIAO 70
04-05-2019, 10:46 AM

Ahhh, then they supplied the shims for those model years. I know my '17 adjusters didn't come with shims.

BTW Where do the shims go? Between the adjuster bracket and the swingarm slot?

michaelrc51
04-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Ahhh, then they supplied the shims for those model years. I know my '17 adjusters didn't come with shims.

BTW Where do the shims go? Between the adjuster bracket and the swingarm slot?

No, they go between the block or clamp and the adjuster.

They are basically pieces of that block, maybe .025 or .5mm thick.

CIAO 70
04-05-2019, 11:09 AM
10-4

That makes sense.

Hopefully they will fix the issue.