PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the bike.

Nuttzzy
04-02-2019, 09:33 PM
So guys gonna make this as simple as possible. I have an 2016 RSV4 and I dropped it once had a few scratches and needs repaired. In the mean time Iíve had a Double lung transplant and have not Ridden it in awhile. Also kinda hesitate to start racing and such after having such a major surgery. So I was thinking about Showing the bike in bike shows. But being thatís in a race bike there arenít many options. For customization. Like air bags or extended swing arms. I agree all that is pointless on a track bike but I prob wonít be riding track again. Maybe casual every now and then but mainly an eye catcher. Iím also not going to sell it and get something else. Does anyone have any ideas or what can be done with it, I mean I could do an extended arm and air ride and lay frame but I donít think they make any of that for this bike.

Thanks.

Revit
04-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Nuttzzy,
Having a close relative who has been battling illness I can see how your priorities have shifted. Your health is the most important thing and everything else must simply be put on hold for however long is necessary. That said, if there is no financial reason for it to go maybe just let it wait for you in the garage for a while as something to look forward to. I have seen days where suddenly someone who has barely moved in weeks will suddenly feel the urge to ride or just spend some time cleaning the bike (lots more to clean on a big Harley bagger though). Long view these are toys and mere distractions...what matters most are loved ones.
I wish you all the best and remember you have thousands of brothers that no illness can even begin to compete with.

Nuttzzy
04-03-2019, 06:29 AM
Yes sir I’m just trying to find a way to keep it in my life and not risk everything I’ve done to survive, I am a draftsman for a company that does metal works and powder coating so I thought about powder coating the frame and stuff just to keep me tinkering on it.

matttthemingus
04-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Powder coating the frame and wheel would be a great start to give the bike a distinct look.
Vinyl wrap to give a unique color scheme.
Start changing out nuts and bolts for colored versions.
If you're on instagram, there are plenty of examples of tricked out RSV4s to glean ideas from.

CIAO 70
04-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Sorry to hear of your health issues and hope you continue to recover well.

I say keep the bike and powdercoating items, frame, wheels, etc....

It'll let you keep the bike as well as motivate you.

Good luck and heal quickly.