PDA

View Full Version : cooling upgrade

2milles
03-29-2019, 06:51 PM
I recently put a Galletto H2o lower racing radiator on my 959 panigale. cooled it way down and it included a oil cooler instead of a water/oil exchanger on the engine. increased volume and cooling. it eliminated the fan. I am now thinking of the same upgrade but a full radiator on the rsv4. lots of opinions on this most talking about fan elimination of the rsv4 due to them being on the upper radiator. everybody says on the street you will meltdown if you don't have fans. well what I believe and have found is if the racing radiator is worth anything it will still cool on the street and if you do slow down the radiator should offset the heat as soon as you get moving again. the duc with no fans spits icecubes and on cooler days I have a little baffle I put in the lower to maintain proper temp. the lower is oil cooling and does influence the water temp. anybody upgrade your radiator and have some feedback as to how the rsv4 will react to this mod. everbody said don't do it to the 959. I did it and found the opposite as the guru's said I would. you tell me

Gluge
03-30-2019, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't do it, I've never had a problem with the stock setup overheating even in stop and go in LA summers. (sometimes the lanes are too small and tight for me to feel comfortable splitting much) I'm sure if you can keep moving often enough the mod would be fine but why risk it? Also in terms of the baffle you shouldn't need that at all if you have a thermostat it should keep it from flowing enough that it stays warm. When I used to race 2-stroke gp bikes I'd see people install thermostats on those just so they wouldn't have to fuss with taping up their radiators when racing. Funny how some people want to go the other direction even with street bikes.