PDA

View Full Version : 2017 rsv4 rr

Old_tWO
03-16-2019, 07:51 AM
Hello all,
Just picked up a 2017 RSV4 RR.
Was wondering what are some good mods for the bike?

carlton
03-16-2019, 08:25 AM
Ackro slip on, Get the ecu flashed

Old_tWO
03-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Ackro slip on, Get the ecu flashed

Will do, was looking into that. Is flashing the stock ECU the same as getting Race ECU?

ts717
03-16-2019, 09:52 AM
Yes

ROLL TIDE

kozumasbullitt
03-16-2019, 07:00 PM
I have a Race ECU for sale. I would go with a Race ECU if warranty is a concern.

Old_tWO
03-17-2019, 08:14 AM
The bike is out of warranty. Not worried about that. how much did you want?

kozumasbullitt
03-17-2019, 01:46 PM
$500 shipped obo.

Dougie Fresh
03-18-2019, 08:07 PM
I am also new to Aprilia and trying to figure out the ECU situation since I want to purchase one as well. Are the Race ECU's particular to the set up? (full Akra, slip on SC Project, etc)

norcolmille
03-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Race ecu needs a pipe :) ( that removes servo) and it also supports servo removal with no error codes

It seems and reasonable loud pipe that fits works
I will try my dB killer occasionally-/ and report on results

cgaulzetti
03-27-2019, 01:07 AM
i have the same bike and it's the best thing i've ever owned. congratulations!

for mods i got an arrow titanium exhaust mostly because i really liked the way it looked and the weight savings it offered. it's also not so short that it will cause the engine problems that a lot of folks who push these bikes really hard on the track warned me about when it comes to short exhausts. i think the only two exhausts that won't hurt your engine are the arrow and the akra they said. i also got the race ECU as that is a requirement if you're replacing your exhaust and remvoing your cats.

honestly, i can't really feel any increase in power- because the bike already had so much power and torque that on the road you can't even use any where near to it all. i hadn't had the bike on the track prior to the installing the exhaust.

i always thought the guys who said loud pipes save lives were arschholes and liars and morons- until i got the arrow exhaust. the louder exhaust has made a huge difference in how cars respond to lane splitting. people notice me now! i call it the moses effect- the seas just part for me now! :)

i love the sound of my bike now. it's loud and sets off an alarm on an old escalade that parks in my alley every morning- but I love it.

rsv4bc
03-27-2019, 10:42 PM
i have the same bike and it's the best thing i've ever owned. congratulations!

for mods i got an arrow titanium exhaust mostly because i really liked the way it looked and the weight savings it offered. it's also not so short that it will cause the engine problems that a lot of folks who push these bikes really hard on the track warned me about when it comes to short exhausts. i think the only two exhausts that won't hurt your engine are the arrow and the akra they said. i also got the race ECU as that is a requirement if you're replacing your exhaust and remvoing your cats.

honestly, i can't really feel any increase in power- because the bike already had so much power and torque that on the road you can't even use any where near to it all. i hadn't had the bike on the track prior to the installing the exhaust.

i always thought the guys who said loud pipes save lives were arschholes and liars and morons- until i got the arrow exhaust. the louder exhaust has made a huge difference in how cars respond to lane splitting. people notice me now! i call it the moses effect- the seas just part for me now! :)

i love the sound of my bike now. it's loud and sets off an alarm on an old escalade that parks in my alley every morning- but I love it.

Is there any hard facts that short pipes will cause engine damage? looking at exhausts right now and the comp werks and sc projects were on the list

ts717
03-27-2019, 11:21 PM
No, the bike doesnít know how long the can is. Lean AFR is the problem you need to avoid. Race ECU or reflash is the solution. Iíve been running SC Project for over a year on a 17 RR. Looking at color it appears to be on the rich side of spot on. Longer cans will make a little more hp. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190328/b10a081e34d212f72ef576172392ca78.jpg