PDA

View Full Version : 2017 rsv4 servo motor not working

Turboz
03-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Is there a relay or fuse fir this, mine dies nit seem to be working anymore.

Pro69ss
03-16-2019, 07:05 AM
Just disconnect it wire open the flap and enjoy the sound !

flobrandx
03-16-2019, 06:35 PM
As @Pro69ss said you can disconnect the cables from the servo to the valve and safety wire the flap in the open position. Leave the servo motor connected to the wiring harness unless you have the race ECU or you will get a dash warning light. If you have the race ecu you can remove the whole servo motor.

plocky
03-16-2019, 06:51 PM
Is there a relay or fuse fir this, mine dies nit seem to be working anymore.
on 17+ model If you have race ECU or race map flashed to your stock ECU the flapper is not functional anymore.

on 17+ model If you still have stock mapping on the ECU & it's not working, then it should throw an error code.

winwin
03-17-2019, 09:33 PM
If you have race ECU or race map flashed to your stock ECU the flapper is not functional anymore.

If you still have stock mapping on the ECU & it's not working, then it should throw an error code.

Actually it still works. Neutral is still closed, just that when you engage 1st gear, when you rev it opens immediately as opposed to 5500/6500rpm on stock ecu. Tested it myself. Now i removed the servo and wired the flapper though.

https://youtu.be/shuwjbchPsA

plocky
03-17-2019, 11:31 PM
Actually it still works. Neutral is still closed, just that when you engage 1st gear, when you rev it opens immediately as opposed to 5500/6500rpm on stock ecu. Tested it myself. Now i removed the servo and wired the flapper though.

Sorry, I was addressing the OP who has a '17.
I should have been clearer. The '17+ models do not use it on Race mapping/ECU.
The '16 & previous do as you described.

Turboz
03-18-2019, 10:43 AM
The problem is the motor is not working. Throws a code p1504 to low, Then I get a URGENT ALARM on the display.

plocky
03-18-2019, 04:23 PM
The problem is the motor is not working. Throws a code p1504 to low, Then I get a URGENT ALARM on the display.
Then you could have mentioned that in your first post.

P1504 - Exhaust valve Hang-Up L F
1) Check that correct rotation of valve is not impeded
2) Mechanically check exhaust bypass valve motor
3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness
4) Replace exhaust bypass valve motor

Turboz
03-19-2019, 09:36 AM
I tried all of the above. Also installed a healtech bypass for the motor. Seems like its not getting power. Thats why the question of Fuse or relay for the motor.

plocky
03-19-2019, 06:12 PM
Ok, so from what I can gather from the workshop manual, there is no relay for the exhaust servo, there will be an auxiliary fuse that affects it, but you will have to check all the auxiliary fuses to work out which one.
The troubleshooting in the manual doesn't mention a fuse for the servo, so it must be a fuse that affects other sensors/electrical parts.

The servo is controlled by the dashboard IIRC, so you may need PADS to troubleshoot it.

Turboz
03-20-2019, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the help.