PDA

View Full Version : Rsv4 Brake line change

meherzad7
03-14-2019, 01:08 AM
hey guys i have an rsv4 aprc non abs version,

need to change the brake lines, i am running an rcs 19 with my m4 calipers

lot of guys are telling me to install direct brake lines which they have installed in the 2013 abs,

can you please advise me.

which ones should i put.

motoracerx
03-14-2019, 03:31 AM
#2. Or have a double banjo at master cylinder with 1 line going from the master cylinder to each caliper.

marc.r1
03-14-2019, 04:02 AM
Whenever i have done this on my bikes i have always done two lines from the master cylinder with a longer banjo bolt. I think it looks neater but i dont know if its better

amauri
03-14-2019, 08:06 AM
hey guys i have an rsv4 aprc non abs version,

need to change the brake lines, i am running an rcs 19 with my m4 calipers

Do not install Spiegler or any other custom brake line.
The original lines are the best quality and fitment you can get and they are a perfect fit with the RCS19 and M4 calipers.

Why do you want to change your original lines?

cb77guy
03-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Do not install Spiegler or any other custom brake line.
The original lines are the best quality and fitment you can get and they are a perfect fit with the RCS19 and M4 calipers.

Why do you want to change your original lines?What is the problem with Speigler or other custom brake lines? I've used Speigler, Goodrige and others for years and have had no problem with any of them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

amauri
03-14-2019, 02:29 PM
Nothing wrong with them
But why pay more for a custom made line when the factory original costs less, fits perfectly and is DOT tested/approved?

Dual lines from the m/c to the calipers don't fit very well on the RSV4, and their increased total length of flex lines (and more fluid) gives inferior brake lever feel/modulation, compared to a "T" fitting line as in the OEM part.

rsnet
03-14-2019, 03:15 PM

Staubli quick release, both lines direct from the m/c.
helishly expensive but for Endurance racing a blessing.

switch calipers with new pads all ready installed with front wheel change,
both front and rear wheels, full tank around 30’s

i think F1 are around 3’ seconds but they have about 7 guys.

anyway, back in 2010 with a Factory, I ran standard lines for years in sprints or short circuit events and M40’s
changed back from the RCS to standard oem, as if I remember correctly the RCS’s had to be sent back for rebuild?

meherzad7
03-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Thank you Amauri, was planning to change the color of the brake lines, but since you mentioned originals are better am not going to disturb the performance for the color show.

comfysofa
03-15-2019, 05:29 AM
I've got hel lines like pic 1 (up and over). I changed mine as the fittings started to rust from recollection (a few years back)....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk