PDA

View Full Version : cruise control mulfunctioning and quick shift, 17 RR

hellosonyfunny
03-08-2019, 01:33 PM
hi~
i bought my 17 rsv4 last december and it's now 500mi on the meter.
ever since i bought this bike, i installed woodcraft GP shifter and evotech radiator and oil cooler guard.
the symtom is that when I activate cruise control, it turns off after one minute or just immediately.
and i always turn the down shift on and 17+ bikes have a small indicator for down shift blip assist on the bottom of the TFT display. but the indicator turns off when i shift to 2nd or up. is it normal?
this is my first bike with electronic packages so i can't tell if the QS is working or not.
sometimes when i shift gears, it's smooth but other times, it's banging, not horribly but noticeable banging.

ts717
03-08-2019, 02:57 PM
QS light on dash is normal. Its telling you that down shift is not available. Duh, youre in 1st gear. Seems silly to me too... It will also come on when you pull the clutch. Youll find that the higher the rpms, and bigger the throttle opening, the better the QS works on up shifts. Down shifts and autoblip also works better if you dont let rpms fall too low before you step on the shifter. Cruise control could be several things. Both brakes and rolling throttle off manually will disengage it. Id check the brakes first considering that you installed rear sets.

ROLL TIDE. Sorry read your post wrong. No rearsets, just just shifter changed. Id also check clutch free play. Pulling clutch will also disengage cruise...

hellosonyfunny
03-09-2019, 04:38 PM
QS light on dash is normal. It’s telling you that down shift is not available. “Duh, you’re in 1st gear. Seems silly to me too...” It will also come on when you pull the clutch. You’ll find that the higher the rpm’s, and bigger the throttle opening, the better the QS works on up shifts. Down shifts and autoblip also works better if you don’t let rpms fall too low before you step on the shifter. Cruise control could be several things. Both brakes and rolling throttle off manually will disengage it. I’d check the brakes first considering that you installed rear sets.

ROLL TIDE. Sorry read your post wrong. No rearsets, just just shifter changed. I’d also check clutch free play. Pulling clutch will also disengage cruise...
THanks!!! i'll check the brakes and also clutch lever too. big help! thanks again~