PDA

View Full Version : Call for ECU EEPROM bin files

mcm2boys
02-26-2019, 04:51 PM
I'm doing a little research into ECU settings that are stored in the EEPROM of the latest ECU firmware. I have a 2010 RSV4 factory so my main interest are ECUs from 2010-2013 models that have been updated with the latest firmware.

You can d/l GuzziDiags EEPROM reading software here: IAW7SMEEPROMTool_V0.01.zip (https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/IAW7SMEEPROMTool_V0.01.zip)

The ECU numbers of interest are:

RSV4 factory US (2010): 13A9AB23

Any other 13A9A?23 numbered firmware.

If you would be kind enough to read the EEPROMs from your ECUs (you will need the usual GuzziDiag k-line cable, it only takes about 5 mins to d/l) and pm me the information detailed below and we can arrange to transfer the *.eep, that would help me out a lot.

Which DTC codes (if any) are being displayed.

Whether the APRC functions are enabled or disabled:
Traction control,
ABS,
Quickshifter.

Thanks.

I'm new to the RSV4 so perhaps someone has already done this and would be prepared to share their knowledge.

amauri
02-27-2019, 10:12 AM
You'll have a better chance at getting some help with your project if you tell us who you are, where you are from and what are you trying to do?

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
Agreed. Are you located in Arizona by chance, if you are, you have my private email.

pauldayona
02-27-2019, 05:55 PM
I suppose you want to detail wher what information is in the eeprom file? It would be nice to know. Withe older ecu types we can change CO setting in the eep file, write it back and it's changed. I think there is still a thing that should be resolved with the 7sm eep writing, I suppose there is a security mechanism inside, checking if the contents are altered, and if so no go. For the older ecu, (non Aprilia) there are xdf files that show what is where, as far as known.

If you are only looking where the aprc setting is, then I have an easy solution, I have a special IAW diag that cann set APRC of when flashing 13A9 bins to old bikes without APRC. For what normally PADS is needed.

mcm2boys
02-27-2019, 09:35 PM
Sorry gents, reading it back I guess it is a bit light on details. Like Paul suggested I started by wanting to retrofit APRC to my 2010 RF, I have all the parts now. Reading around I saw that I needed to get the APRC enabled, as well as the dash and CLF re-coded (not sure what that actually means yet). I am a software developer and this made me curious about I could do this myself, without having to go to Austin or send it to Gabro (sorry Gabro). So I asked Paul a few questions and started digging into ISO standards and GuzzIDiag, IAWEEPROMReader and reverse engineering the ECU map that I have.

I now have a program that can read/clear fault codes and read/write the EEPROM - so next stop is to work out where the APRC data etc is in the EEPROM and add those in.

Sounds like Paul and GuzziDiag have already gone some way down this path, I would be very interested to hear what you have learned. I would also be interested to hear how the info in GuzziDiag was found, reverse engineering or is there more documentation out there about the 7SM?

Hope that shines a little light on what I'm up to..

I am based in Houston.

Gabro
02-28-2019, 01:43 AM
dash needs to be replaced, not flashed. APRC's uses a different dash hardware. Tuono and RSV dahes are different, you have to use a dash coming from an RSV4 (or reflash it with with an RSV4 fw)

CLF coding means you have to teach it if it's gonna work with an RSV4 or a TuonoV4 ecu.

Being you in Huston, i strongly suggest you have a trip to AF1 to have a look at your bike (loom replacing can be tricky, they can adive you of any loom miss-positioning) and perform any acttivation needed by PADS.

mcm2boys
02-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Thanks to Amauri for stepping in and getting this thread going..

..and thanks Gabro, I do have a new RSV4 dash (from AF1) ready and waiting. I would like to know how do you teach the CLF that it's an RSV4, how is it set, only through PADS? hmm, the CLF is pre-owned and comes from a Tuono - should have talked to you earlier.. Can that still be changed to work with RSV4 in your experience?

I have a 2014 loom (so has ABS configuration) along with the parts - connectors, wires, crimper - that I need to make a small conversion loom to take the lines I need for the wheel sensors, CLF and the gyro into the connectors from the 2014 loom.

I also have a CANbus reader that I want to use to investigate further once I get the basics working from the k-line connection.

If only I could get my hands on a copy of the PADS exe that would unlock a lot of possibilities.

pauldayona
02-28-2019, 10:39 AM
For setting aprc on or of in the ecu I have a iawdiag that can do that, you can then see what changes in the eeprom.
Pads has an hardware part, so I'm not sure if that helps you.

Gabro
02-28-2019, 11:22 AM
To set the CLF you have to login to it's diagnosis via a pads or an old Navigator.
2014 loom has a provision for Abs, is not simpler to store a proper 2011-2012 loom with CLF provision instead of modify an abs loom?

Don't know why you are choosing all the hardest solutions possible to any problem you are facing :)

mcm2boys
02-28-2019, 12:03 PM
@Paul, I undertand that PADS connects through the k-line, which suggests that the hardware part is a variation of the OBDII cable. I don't need a working system just the executable program the EXE file.

@Gabro, yeah i know i like a challenge - i find it interesting.. :lol:
The extra loom will only be 3-4 connectors, shouldn't take too long, I studied electronics at college (a long time ago) but i can still handle wiring diagrams and making cables, plus i read your excellent contributions to the APRC retrofit thread for the paper on ABS removal for racing from Aprilia. But it seems i will need PADS/Navi to get the CLF to talk to ECU then.

I would also be interested to hear how your friend AndroidX re-flashes the dash, but that will be much later.

If it was easy everybody would do it..